PDA

View Full Version : Does CBII know their stuff?

Raiden
05-24-2002, 10:20 PM
Hi folks,

I'm looking into studying baguazhang and ran across these guys. I have no experience with the art and I'm hoping someone on the boards here can tell me if they are legit.

The lineage looks impressive with Wang Shu Shen listed, but I understand that might not indicate the quality of the current instruction.

here is the link
http://www.chineseboxing.com/

I also found a guy who is certified to teach Master Park Bok Nam's system. I know opinions vary on it's quality, but I'll take what I can get. I live in TN and bagua instruction is hard to find. I just can't get him to pick up his phone.

Anyone here know Glen Wright in NAshville or how to get in tuch with him? Been leaving messeges on his machine for a month now.

Thanks for any help, and all opinions are welcome !

Sow Choy
05-27-2002, 10:05 PM
Raiden,

Nice name, one of my best friends name is Raiden.

I was and currently am a student of Professor James Cravens. I didn't study the Ba Gua on its own, I originally studied the CBII synthesis and Tai Chi, now I only study Chen Tai Chi with Prof Cravens.

I have nothing but great things to say about this association. Prof Cravens is very skilled and extremely humble. I say at least check it out and see what you think, maybe check another school and compare.

He explained the Ba Kua training, and it sounds very interesting.

Joe

Raiden
05-29-2002, 10:45 AM
Thanks Sow Choy,
I already dropped an email to the contact address.

As for the name....Mortal Combat was on TV when I signed on the boards.....not very original.....but what can ya do?