PDA

View Full Version : Books I can read

stuff
05-25-2002, 09:47 PM
Just wondering if there are any books I can read to help me better understand wing chun. I am currently learning under Sifu Fong, so if there are any books you guys can recommend I would greatly appreciate it.

anerlich
05-25-2002, 10:22 PM
Most WC Books are highly lineage-specific, so IMO are of limited value unless you belong to the lineage concerned. "Complete Wing Chun" by Messrs Ritchie, Chu and Wu gives a historical and technical overview of a number of lineages and IMO belongs in the library of any serious WC student.

I am currently learning under Sifu Fong

Hmmm. I know of two Sifu Fongs, called Augustine and Francis. And there may well be others. If Augustine, I understand he has some videos out and these may be a good purchase for you.

yuanfen
05-26-2002, 05:05 AM
Anerlich is correct- most wing chun books are lineage specific.
Given the anonymity of your handle-"Stuff"-
I dont know whether you study at Sifu Fong's own school or with one of his students.
Or for how long.If you are on Sifu Fong's school ask
SiMo as to what is available. Most of the Fong books are out of print though the Panther videos are still out. There are other Fong students on the net. You may wish to connect with some of them.
If interested in finding out about other lineages of wing chun-
Planet Wing Chun at<www.wingchun.com> has a helpful set of
jump links to various websites: some of them list their own materials. One book that is still available but is not associated with any website is KT Chao and Weakland's Secrets of Wing
Chun. To the best of my knowledge KT Chao does not have a school. Good luck in your wing chun development.
Joy Chaudhuri
<joy@azwingchun.com>

<www.azwingchun.com>

stuff
05-26-2002, 10:19 AM
Thanx to the both of you for your respnses. And I am at Augustine Fongs school. Well thanx again,
kung-fu stuff:cool:

[Censored]
05-26-2002, 11:38 AM
Here's a few you should read:

Warriors of Stillness, vols. 1 and 2
Tai Chi Classics by Waysun Liao
Comprehensive Shaolin Chin-Na by Yang Jwing-Ming

Some people will tell you that these are not Wing Chun books, I recommend you ignore these people. :)

stuff
05-26-2002, 01:34 PM
Thanx,
I've been wanting to learn chin for a while.
well again muchas gracias to all,
Kung-fu stuff:)