PDA

View Full Version : how to feel energetic

ged
05-26-2002, 11:07 PM
lately ive been feeling like a sloth. i used to workout heaps with weights, go to a lot of kung fu, and even go running (thats a lot for me).

lately, i havent been able to motivate myself nearly so much.

either ive lost my willpower and turned into a lazy sloth (ive just started first year uni, so thats a major possibility) or something else is wrong. so what id like to know is, what can i do to increase my energy?

diet, sleep, activities, any suggestions at all would be great.

SevenStar
05-26-2002, 11:12 PM
train. also, what is your diet like? how long has this been going on?

ged
05-26-2002, 11:26 PM
train in everything? heh, so basically just shut up and do it. thats probably good advice.

ive stopped kung fu for a month because ive got exams in 3 weeks, and i need the time to study. but im trying to get back into weights, because i figure 3 hours a week wont hurt my study time.

i stopped weights 2 months ago to concentrate on grading for kung fu... i graded, but cant get back into weights. my diet used to be lots and lots of protein, medium to low carbos, lots of milk. now, its still made of the same stuff, but in lower quantities - i didnt want to get too fat.

IronFist
05-26-2002, 11:56 PM
Sounds like you kinda overtrained. Take a break for a while. You will start to look forward to training when it is time to start up again. When you normally look forward to it and then you stop getting that feeling, it's a sign of overtraining.

Beginning college is a big change, so it's very likely that that's part of it. You'll get back into it, just give it time.

IronFist

ged
05-27-2002, 12:05 AM
thanks dude.
im about to start a weights session... ill try it for a week, and see how i feel... if im not enjoying it, hell, ill follow your advice and wait for another few weeks.

BananaMan
05-27-2002, 05:42 AM
Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago... starting a new job and school and dating someone (which we all know takes all our time =P). i really need to get back on track

yu shan
05-28-2002, 09:18 PM
Hook up with a young woman. I know your young, but young or old, a younger woman is good for us MA practioners. I`ve been told this by Dignified KF Masters. It works! Trust me.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-31-2002, 11:07 AM
get a pet. i think retards definately make the best pets, and the endless hours of laughter will give you tons of energy. probably a six pack too.