PDA

View Full Version : hello

diego
05-18-2001, 02:30 PM
do any of you guys study lama or hopga.

Ego_Extrodinaire
05-18-2001, 04:07 PM
Hi there,

I used to study pak hok pai. very basic stuff and not very practical. If u like to swing your arms do something like Ba Gua or Pi Gua. My opinion.

Maximus Materialize!

RENEGADE_MONK
05-18-2001, 04:46 PM
Ignore this troll!!!
http://www.geocities.com/ninja3014/goktimus.jpg

Ego_Extrodinaire
05-19-2001, 03:13 PM
Renegade Monk,

Given that this is an international web site, why do you post a picture of someone that Deign would probably never meet in real life.

I don't see the practicality of a picture when there is every chance they will never meet!

Maximus Materialize!

diego
05-19-2001, 08:53 PM
RENEGADE MONK PEACE,I DEAL WITH CHUMPS LIKE MONEY
ALL THE TIME :cool:

RENEGADE_MONK
05-19-2001, 09:55 PM
From my knowledge there are a few lama, and Hop Ga people here I'm sure they would be glad to help you if/when they see your post ...Welcome to the board :cool:

Peace

Ego_Extrodinaire
05-20-2001, 12:51 PM
Deigo

Pak Hok Pai is very similar to Hop Ga and Lama. Execept that Pak Hok (or white crane) is usually practiced by nerdy little bespecticled jerks who will one day set up a software company from their parent's garage and take over the world.

Otherwise, those 3 styles are rather useless. There's alot of hype surrounding how powerful they are, but they're very inefficient. See for yourself!

Maximus Materialize!

diego
05-21-2001, 01:46 PM
WHAT I WAS SHOWN IS A MIX OF HOP GA,MANTIS AND PILIPINO ART??, ALL FROM A KAJUKENBO PERSPECTIVE.

NOW WHAT I HEAR THE GUY WHO MADE THIS BLEND LIKED TO GET A LITTLE ROWDY NOW WHAT I KNOW IS HE WAS SHOT IN A NIGHTCLUB....SO THERE IS NO REAL SCHOOLS TEACHING IS METHODS;ALL IS STUDENTS KINDA BRANCHED OFF INTO OTHER TEACHERS OR THERE UNDERGROUND???....

THE TYPE OF TECHNIQUES I WAS TAUGHT AND FOR THE LEVEL IM AT IS FOR STREET FIGHTING IN BARS

STUFF LIKE GRAB THE HAIR RAKE OVERHEAD FIST TO TEMPLE GRAB NUTS RIP UP AND SHUFFLE IN KNOCKOUT PUNCH TO PLEXUS

BLAHBLAH GET IN SIDE OPPS PUNCHES REVERSE GRIP THROAT AND REAR PUNCH TO GROIN WHILE DROPPING TO A KNEE STANCE STRIKE GROIN

SO WHAT I BASICALLY HAVE IS SOME COMPETITION TACTIKS AND BRAWLN STRATEGIKAL TRIX...

NO AFFILIATIONSZ YET, SO TELL ME WHAT IS GOOD KUNG FU IN YOUR MIND YOU TALK ALOTTA**** SO BACKIT UP OR GET $%^&*^.....

Ego_Extrodinaire
05-21-2001, 03:57 PM
Diego,

From your post you seem to be interested in the fighting aspect of Kung Fu. That's good because you've got the right perspective.

I'm quite surprised that Hop Gar was mixed with Mantis (northern or southern?) and philipino fighting style. I'm not sure how competable they are. But nevertheless, if that guy was an experienced brawler, he would be a good fighter regardless of the kung fu background.

If you want to become a good fighter, you could get your experience from brawling, and if you survive and not get shot in the process, you can forget about learning kung fu from a class.

Otherwise, try out Northern styles asa i have mentioned before. But make sure you're not getting into some wushu crap. Otherwise you'll be wasting more time than hearing someone talk a lot of s&**t!

Maximus Materialize!

diego
05-22-2001, 03:54 AM
yeah so the kajukenbo has all the continuos flurry of kenpo with the sweeps ground throat and neck strikes and rip up torso...

dude was philipino learnt from his father so naturally it has that frame and dexterity of knife fighting

he learnt 7*mantis from w.c.wong and hop ga from harry wu who i think was a general in the chinese army during ww2 and was killed by triads so he was a scrapper now kaito was 24 when wu was killed so i gather so harry prolly taught him straight up street tactiks of ape fist swingn

so it has the quik midrange techs of mantis with philipino knife evasion dexterity with the knokout punches of hop gar

now if you know the history of kajukenbo you will know they are brawlers and kaito learnt from the founder adriano emperado///and the requirements when you achieve a upper rank in the system your belt is pretty dirty you are supposed to create your own system

now for the disco comments kaito did rok the bellbottoms and the long perm with the leather jackets and the platform boots but theres one thing the tips were steel inside and outside maybe a little spikes and the 3 inch heel wasnt just for fashion

to your satisfaction with the northern styles dude liked to kick

now its to bad he was killed it looks like what your looking for you got karate,jujitsu,kenpo,chinese boxing
philipnio dexterity hopga & mantis.....to bad he died a jeet kune do from what i hear well tested now how could there be an art in this time with so many methods

its all the best most simple trix from each style
combined into complex training structure a classical form of some simple that pretty good prolly works...peace i know you will respond..... :p