PDA

View Full Version : Sydney practitioners

Goldenmane
05-27-2002, 04:19 AM
Got a question for practitioners from Sydney... I was contacted recently by a guy there looking for a good school, so I told him I'd ask you guys for suggestions. I'm on the other side of the country (though I'll be coming through Sydney in about 4 months) and I don't really have much of a clue of who's who over there.

Any suggestions/info would be appreciated.

-geoff

prana
05-27-2002, 04:36 AM
there's a wholelot of schools here, fear not. Chinatown has many schools all in a very small area.

YKM, Wing Chun, Wu Chu CHuan, and .... lots more!!!

Goldenmane
05-27-2002, 06:17 AM
Aye, I know there are a lot of you guys out there, and thanks for the reply, but "there are a lot of us here" doesn't really help. I was looking for something more specific, mate. :)

-geoff

premier
05-27-2002, 06:39 AM
Chan family Choy lee fut headquarters is in Sydney. You might want to check it out. www.clfma.com.

premier

joedoe
05-27-2002, 04:56 PM
I guess it depends on where they are staying. In the city there is CLF, Wing Chun, Jow Ga among many others.

Our school is in the northwest (North Rocks, Carlingford). There are also branches in Cabramatta (also a few other schools there like Lung Ying).

There are quite a few schools in Parramatta as well (talk to Jon, he used to go to one of them I think). Fiercest Tiger has a school near there in Greystanes - he teached Yau Kung Mun.

There are stacks of schools dotted around Sydney. If you can be a little more specific about what your friend is looking for and what area he is in that would help greatly.

PM me if you want. Other forum members who might be helpful (off the top of my head) are jon, fiercest tiger, triskellin, Shaolin Master.

Goldenmane
05-27-2002, 05:03 PM
Cheers guys.

I'm gunna ask him some questions and get back to you guys.

-geoff

GOLDEN ARMOR
05-29-2002, 09:51 AM
Let us know what styles ur after, short or long arm? southern or northern? soft or hard? Sydney has a lot of good MA schools to choose from.