PDA

View Full Version : LeeKoonHung CLF

diego
05-27-2002, 04:12 PM
http://www.makskungfu.com/images/kungfujpeg/Sifu.jpg

Is thier a classical name for this technique?.

In my kajukenbo/hopgar we have this move! vs a right overhand attack, punch the groin with your right" or the bladder" then your right foot steps back and you lift your left knee for a onelegged stance"goldenrooster?" while your right claw rips up"groin to crown" and you left rips down" crown to groin".
For a followup you anticipate a left punch and with your raised left foot step forward and shuffle counterclockwise into a closeknee rightside"right shoulder faces opp!" bowstance and with your left outward deflect and right short vertical striaght punch to the left temple!.

diego
05-27-2002, 09:18 PM
dam u clf guys suck:) 30 views not one reply, must not really know your basics?, i learnt this in my second month/ jp

Maybe some of you didnt get the question, the one picture i linked from a student of LKH is thier a special name for that technique or is it just called twiststance/crown block & uppercut to gut?.

Any1:cool:

Sow Choy
05-27-2002, 09:33 PM
Diego,

We usually say: Lao ma Faan Jong (Twist Stance Uppercut).

We really don't use the classical names anymore.

I can probably find out tomorrow.

Joe

Serpent
05-27-2002, 09:59 PM
Gwai ma pao chui?

Same same.

diego
05-28-2002, 09:18 AM
If you can get an idea what the old classical?, say old shaolin? name for that like unicorn thrusts horn and pees on shin!"yah that works!"...@ the shaolin forum Gene and them are discussing the baksillum lyrics, im really curious about more universal kf metaphors to describe ones techniques, so if thier is like a element or a animal name to that technique in clf, any other translations would be gratefull.
Take care:cool:

Fu-Pow
05-28-2002, 10:17 AM
Or maybe "Baai Ma Faan Jong" = Place Horse Turnover Fist

Don't know the classical name....I don't think Lee Koon Hung taught using the classical names.

diego
05-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Well that last one sounds more Elegant!.

Fu-Pow
05-28-2002, 01:43 PM
Any other questions on the names of moves?

diego
05-28-2002, 01:55 PM
Well i do have questions on CLF 5Animal sets, i posted some? in the LKH Video thread!. I Love & I Know for sure i am going to learn CLF Just for the Leopard Fists...Meaning i have a okay foundation in hopgar and the leopard fists look like they fit nice with my longfists..gotta go help my friend move, Peace