PDA

View Full Version : MA in Movies Doc. on Encore.....

wushu chik
05-27-2002, 10:13 PM
Did anyone else see this tonight? I saw it, and I would have to say the best thing about it was seeing all the different CMA peeps and seeing them younger and all!! Just thought it was very interesting!!

~Wen~

ReverendTim
05-28-2002, 01:43 PM
I saw it and liked it a lot, Samuel Jackson's weird little "wu sha" outbreak at the end notwithstanding.

Great stuff on Bruce Lee (though there were a few things I'm not sure they were right about) and the old Shaw Brothers movies.

I thought it was interesting that they left out a lot of non-kung fu martial arts/artists. Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal, and so on. However you feel about their martial arts, they have had an impact on martial arts MOVIES, which is theoretically what the documentary was about.

I liked it!

--
Rev. Tim

wushu chik
05-28-2002, 05:42 PM
I think what they were mostly talking about was the "pioneers" of MA movies...which has to do directly with Hong Kong and China!! Segal was on there a bit! I liked it for what it was, and I thought it was very VERY interesting!!

~Wen~

Hai_To
05-29-2002, 12:17 PM
I enjoyed it a great deal. It was cool seeing scenes from all of those old films.