PDA

View Full Version : Relaxing after training

Din Gao
05-28-2002, 08:38 AM
Related to anbother thread about working out late...

Sometimes I do not finish my workout until around ten. Then it is about a 45 min subway ride home. By the time I get home it is eleven and my girlfriend wants me to go to bed but I am usually too wired to sleep.

To top it off, I have to get up early to go to work plus school.

How do some of you decompress or relax after a workout?

Anymore, six hours of sleep is a blessing. I'm lucky if I get that much.

Kumkuat
05-28-2002, 09:33 AM
ask your girlfriend for a full body massage.

Din Gao
05-28-2002, 09:49 AM
HEHEHE I like how you get right to the root of the problem.

I do but she always mentions something about a headache. :D

yu shan
05-28-2002, 04:22 PM
I get home late also, usually about 11:00. I get on KFO and unwind, but honestly, sometimes it works against me. All the quality info out there, and sometimes crap, tends to keep the interest engaged.

If you want to really get sleepy fast! Read the Bible, no offense folks, it works. This being said, jump the girlfriend first...Yo

respectred
05-28-2002, 05:10 PM
hah, i have almost the same situation as you din gao, glad you brought this topic up :).
i live on LI and three a week i take an hour ride on the LIRR to the city, go to class, get done w/ class, then head for the train, and get home at 11:10. it's definitely screwing me up good, considering i have to wake up at 6:30 the next morning, and i usually never get to sleep before 12-ish. i've been trying to find a good way to wind down myself!

Ish
05-29-2002, 04:24 AM
i find drinking excesive amounts of alcohol helps me get to sleep great. i usually dont go to bed till after 2 though.

ged
05-29-2002, 05:00 AM
i have this problem, but only for a day or two... by the third day, im so tired that i fall asleep instantly. doesnt tiredness build up for you guys?

Din Gao
05-29-2002, 05:41 AM
Tiredness definitely builds up but it isn't until Sunday that I can catch up on any sleep. By the time 3:00 crawls around I am draggin myself through me work.

Last night I tried to read on the subway ride home and I think that helped to relax me a bit. Others recommended certain teas but I would think that would keep you awake.

BananaMan
05-29-2002, 06:45 AM
do the ol wives tale.... warm glass of milk/ coco and a nice hot bath

fa_jing
05-29-2002, 10:32 AM
Certain Teas? LOL. Really, I've tried that, it doesn't make a difference one way or another. The problem is all the adrenaline, mind won't shut down, etc. Fortunately I don't train late anymore.

Although after a particularly brutal session, I'll take two tylenol and a benadryl - but I couldn't do that every time, it messes me up too much.

-FJ

IronFist
05-29-2002, 04:40 PM
Nyquil maybe?

IronFist

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-30-2002, 12:07 PM
same problem here dude. i have just gotten used to getting no sleep .. . sort of. i still hate it but i expect it now.

the only thing that works for me is alchohol, but then i also expect to wake up with a stomach spinning in three differant directions that demands to have plennty of quality time with the toilet at regular intervals throughout the day.

masturbate mabye?

yu shan
05-30-2002, 07:43 PM
Hear ya Newcastle!