PDA

View Full Version : First experience with No gi grappling

Ka
05-29-2002, 12:08 AM
Recently went to a No Gi Grappling school with a focus on take downs and self defense.
Got to admit it,I really enjoyed it.
Psyical training was good,with a lot of wrestleing based conditioning excersices that got the blood flowing.
But what I really enjoyed was getting tossed around (and doing abit of it myself) by heavier people and truly experimenting with what works and what doesn't.

I am finding it harder and harder to find IMA schools that train at this sort of intensity.I am leaning more and more to MMA just for the fun training atmosphere and lack of pretensiousness.

Anyway,just thought I would post this.
First time in a long while that I have been interested in any MA with a Comp circuit attached to it.:D

scotty1
05-29-2002, 12:14 AM
Sounds cool mate. This is why a lot of people slag down / leave TMA, because of the training, not the art.

qeySuS
05-29-2002, 05:36 AM
Dude your from Sidney :D You should be learning from the King (Elvis). If i was close to him i'd be there in a heartbeat.

Maybe your with him already :P What do i know.

Xebsball
05-29-2002, 02:10 PM
Hello welcome to the main forum from Kung Fu Magazine, where we talk about chinese martial arts, unlike the Other Arts forum where people talk about wrestling, jiujitsu, etc.

Merryprankster
05-29-2002, 02:18 PM
Lay off it Xebs. It's tiresome. You aren't helping any. Guy is an Internal practicioner, which you'd have realized if you'd bothered to read his profile, who talked about his grappling experience at a no-gi school. BJJ school threads asking where to train don't belong here, of course.

Deal with it. Of course, I'm probably one of the first people you'd kick off, so why listen to me?

Brad Souders
05-29-2002, 03:11 PM
Merryprankster u are a dry gay humping wannabe. What does grappling have to do with real life ;)

Merryprankster
05-29-2002, 03:17 PM
Everything you say is true. Except the dry humping bit.

I prefer Anal-Easic.

Brad Souders
05-29-2002, 03:48 PM
LMAO

Merryprankster
05-29-2002, 03:55 PM
Slips the triangle on easier.... :D

Xebsball
05-29-2002, 05:09 PM
:mad:

you angry the volcano :mad:

Merryprankster
05-29-2002, 05:11 PM
I can tell. It's got that little exclamation pointy thing in it.