PDA

View Full Version : A video clip of interest

xingyiman
05-29-2002, 11:01 AM
This is a video clip of Gerald Sharp doing the Infinity Form. I got it from the dragonslist website.

http://www.dragonslist.com/kwoon/?id=45

Enjoy! :cool:

xingyiman
05-31-2002, 07:13 AM
There were some interesting responses over at the Emptyflower discussion board. What do you guys think of the form??

Xebsball
05-31-2002, 03:55 PM
I couldnt see it, i guess i need some codec or a new version of windows media player...

chen zhen
06-02-2002, 11:10 AM
hey, xingyiman, I see you have SHADOW as an avatar. Do you play Final Fantasy 6? Just curious.

xingyiman
06-03-2002, 11:10 AM
Yes, it is Shadow from Final Fantasy 6, one of my favorite games in the series.

NorthernMantis
06-06-2002, 10:14 AM
Xingyiman what a coincidence it's one of my favorite games also. If you like the soundtrack go to http://remix.overclocked.org/detailgame.php?gameid=6

They have very beautiful remixes of the music there.

chen zhen
06-07-2002, 10:32 AM
I just got the game a week ago. It's pretty good!
Do you know where you can get avatars from the game on the net?(Like yours)
I hope this one is not getting off-topic!:D

Kevin Wallbridge
06-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Pretty far off topic.

I've been pounding the pavement with Xingyi for over ten years, so I'm used to looking at it. Frankly I would be embarrassed to put that clip on the web.

-There is no indication of any reach through the bones.
-When settling the knees simply bend and the wrists fold. Where is the engagement of the body and the link to the upper limbs? Where is the compression?
-Watch the last part about the hands. Notice how folded the left elbow is. When the strike opens he can only unfold from the elbow and there is no possibility of the split being connected to his body. Even if it was connected to his body there is no articulation there to back up the hands.

Even showing a slow and fluid form the latent power of the drill should be apparent. This is most clearly seen in how the body moves. Frankly I don't see any body connection in this clip at all.

xingyiman
06-08-2002, 08:38 AM
I already have the CD soundtrack to the game, and its very good. I stole the avatar off of some Final Fantasy online discussion board (which I don't belong too) that lets you pick an avatar when you register. I can't remember the address of the board, you have to do a web search for such discussion groups.

chen zhen
06-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Thanks xingyiman. and sorry for bringing it off-topic:p
Now I'll just let you guys talk about your xingyi in peace;)