PDA

View Full Version : How would you honor your Sifu?

Siu Tze
05-29-2002, 11:23 AM
There was some comment about people owing things to their Sifus. Instead of phrasing it as a demand etc., I would like to see how others would willingly honor their Sifu.

For myself, I would…

* Pass on my Sifu's generosity
* Preserve his teachings to the best of my abilities, and
* Continue to spread the complexity and wonderment of his Wing Chun.

TenTigers
05-29-2002, 02:51 PM
good points, let me add a few more:
Being to the best of my ability a perfect role model for the other students.
Making sure my behavior outside the Mo-Kwoon reflects positively on my School and my Sifu. This also means good sportsmanship and behavior at tournaments. You represent your Sifu at all times. Kind of like the definition of character-doing the right thing-even when nobody's looking.
Doing whatever is within my power to promote his school and keep it strong. This means being there for every demo, helping at every class, lion dancing, keeping the Mo-Kwoon clean, vacuuming, help painting and repairing the facility.

CanadianBadAss
05-29-2002, 03:54 PM
By winning gold in san shou at the 2008 Oympics in China.

Siu Tze
05-31-2002, 12:06 PM
This must not be a subject close to most people's hearts or maybe people just don't want to say how they feel.

TenTigers

I don't have much to add, but I really do like and appreciate your attitude. It warms my heart to hear it. Maybe we can meet some day.

Good Training to you!

rubthebuddha
05-31-2002, 01:09 PM
his dedication and desire to do the right thing, even if it means tremendous levels of work and patience.

his loyalty to his own sifu.

his loyalty to all his todai.

his desire to learn learn learn learn learn and learn some more.

his wisdom.

MikeP
06-03-2002, 04:11 AM
The best way to honor your Sifu IMHO is to find your own personal Kung Fu and use it to pass on the Wing Chun art that he/she has given to you. What I mean is don't be a replica of your Sifu but, be true to who YOU are.