PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations guys.....CLF dominates the Southern Forum!!!!

Fu-Pow
05-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Just like everywhere else ......CLF dominates!!!!!!

jon
05-29-2002, 08:12 PM
Yes...
Now all you guys have to do is start having open discussions about technique and fighting concepts within your respective linages and you may get somewhere.
As it stands i dont really think months and months of infighting and bickering constitute much more than a gross amount of spam to sift though.

Really I dont mean to be rude but this is getting a little bit rediculous. You guys even have the boys on the WC forum beat down. Although its nothing to do with me im seriously starting to wonder about some of the CLF people on this board. If i didnt know any better i would swear most where only here to start trouble and not share anything at all.
This is not directed to anyone personaly im just asking you CLF people nicely to get back to discussing your art and not your history. I for one would love to hear some more about how CLF works as a cma but instead i seem to know everything about who taught who and why.

So yeah on ya CLF people but PLEASE enough of the linage debates?

diego
05-30-2002, 01:48 AM
I for one would love to hear some more about how CLF works as a cma but instead i seem to know everything about who taught who and why.

I dont even know the first set, but i could recite the genesis, verbatim!.

mixxalot
05-30-2002, 08:57 AM
Hey fellow gung fu brothers and sisters:

Well as a Choy Li Fut practitioner and martial artists, I also am tired of the ridiculous lineage debates so.. heres some really cool unique things about our beloved gung fu style:

1- chin na ("q'in na") techniques like arm bars, wrist grabs are quite effective in combat and fun to practice on your partner. Nothing like a quick take down.

2- long fist and circular techniques like the kwa and sow choi are effective in combat against multiple opponents.

3- weapons! choy li fut has many many weapon sets such as the northern and southern shaolin weapons like the spear, staff, kwan do, broadsword, etc. Makes practice even more challenging and fun! I just learned the northern spear technique in clf.

4- forms: with over 100+ forms clf combines many elements from northern and southern shaolin. Chan Heung, the founder of CLF had a northern shaolin master (Choy Fok) and two southern shaolin teachers (Li Yau San and Chan Yuen Woo). Many of the stances in CLF have influence from his southern masters such as the square horse stance "sei ping ma" as well as many of the hand forms like tiger "fu jao" and crane from Hung Gar as well as northern footwork and weapons. Two beginner forms are the 5 wheel stance
"Ng Lun Ma" and 5 wheel fist . More advanced forms combine the basics with more techniques such as the Hung Sing Long Fist form "Siu Sup Gi" <sic>

5- challenging: both physically and to learn. You will get in top shape and never stop learning

Personally I detest fighting with other martial artists and disputes are a negative waste of time. Positive dialogue promotes comradarie as well as fruitful learning between martial artists. I happen to train with a CLF school that is affiliated with Grandmaster Doc Fai Wong and we train and learn quite well. Grandmaster is a wonderful person and an incredible master of Choy Li Fut. This I do know from experience. I am sure that other good CLF sifus would agree rather than petty verbal abuse. We learn at my kwoon to never slander other sifus or styles of gung fu. Now if someone is committing fraud or crime that is a totally seperate matter. Enjoy your gung fu training!

~ Scott
PS: That CLF master who fights Jackie Chan in Drunken Master 2 is not really using the full power of Choy Li Fut!

jon
05-31-2002, 01:58 AM
mixxalot
Thank you for restoring my faith, great informative post.

"We learn at my kwoon to never slander other sifus or styles of gung fu."
* What??? You mean you DONT slander other stylists and instructors and just get on with your OWN training!!!
Help i need to lie down, i thought it was impossible in this day and age. hehe DARN glad to hear that at least someone is doing the right thing.
Still can i at least laugh at the hippy dudes who pretend to be internalists in the park?;)

Again good post and thanks for taking time out :)

Horse Power
06-03-2002, 12:23 PM
CLF dominates mainly because HG practitioners have there own forum.

premier
06-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Oh? I must be blind then...

premier

Horse Power
06-03-2002, 12:50 PM
Yep