PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Gene Ching

Justa Man
05-29-2002, 07:10 PM
Your short piece, "the Peaceful Mountain....", in the latest KungFu QiGong was great.

Great job Gene!

rogue
05-29-2002, 07:24 PM
By the way Gene, congrats on the 10th anniversary to all there. :D

GeneChing
05-30-2002, 09:18 AM
It's really gratifying to get such positive feedback here.

An our ezine is NOT the mirror of the magazine at all. Almost everything we publish on the ezine is exclusive to the ezine. Fresh original content, that you won't get anywhere else. We post a few select articles from the magazine, and are in the progress of updated our magazine archive which offers all our past cover stories online, but that's about it. You can see our old format here - http://www.kungfumagazine.com/HomePage/magazine/Magazine.htm we'll announce when the new format goes live. Our intention has always been to keep the two mediums - magazine and ezine - complimentary, but not repetative. This way, we can offer more to the martial community by putting out more.

And thanks for mentioning our 10 Year Anniversary. We aer very excieted about our Gala - I hope a lot of your can make it - Check it out here http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/10yr/index.html

Qi dup
05-30-2002, 06:46 PM
I likeed it too, Gene. I also liked you article about the no touch knock out:) KFQG needs to send you on a mission to see all the great mountains of China. Did they have any kung fu in the yellow mountains?

GeneChing
05-31-2002, 09:25 AM
But we'd have to make a lot more money before we could ever afford to send some one on that kind of trip. Such trips usually come out of my pocket, althought I have been fortunate to work my way on some trips as an advisor or tour guide (but I'll NEVER tour guide again.)

In the mainland, they have kungfu everywhere, but you have to get past all the obligatory wushu. That's not hard, not hard at all, you just need to know how to ask the right questions.

Thanks for the props on the no touch knock out piece, qi dup. After our previous Mooney article (which aroused such controversy) and meeting with Leon Jay, it seemed to be the place to go for some research. I do believe Jay can knock some people out without touching them. Just not everyone...