PDA

View Full Version : World Fighting Championships in San Antonio, Tx!!!

fightfan
05-29-2002, 10:18 PM
"World Fighting Championships will debut its American fight tour "Ultimate Combat" on Wednesday June 26, 2002 in San Antonio, TX. WFC's Ultimate Combat"

"MAIN EVENT
for the WFC Heavyweight Title
Jose Luis Muñoz VT México MW Champion vs "Bad" Chad Bryan
IFKA Muay Thai Champion
PLUS 7 MORE ULTIMATE FIGHTS
OTHER FIGHTERS ON THE CARD
GRADY SUTTLES, CEDRIC MARKS, JAY ARCHER, BEN BROWN, AND MANY MORE! "

For more info:
http://www.worldfighting.net/

ewallace
05-30-2002, 05:29 AM
I'll be there for sure.

Chang Style Novice
05-30-2002, 06:22 AM
I can get to the page, but the links don't work.

Where can I find more info?

vingtsunstudent
05-30-2002, 06:33 AM
yeh, i could get there but couldn't seem to open up the ring girls link at all, i musta tried clickin' on it at least a thousand times.
vts

ewallace
05-30-2002, 06:33 AM
I hate it when people use flash for no reason.

Try http://www.txmma.com . Although I only found the same info. I didn't look very hard though.

fightfan
05-31-2002, 07:28 PM
ewallace,
how ya been man? Things have been upside down over here lately. Shoot me a e-mail. If your not busy this coming week lets hook up!

ewallace
06-03-2002, 09:48 AM
I've been busy as ****. I'm getting set to move again over to A. Heights. I've also barely been able to walk since a busload of us went to the river memorial day weekend. Spent 7 wonderful hours tubing down the river, drinking and turning into a sun-dried tomato. I've never been sun-burned that bad before. Today's no good, hows abouts tuesday or wednesday?

Water Dragon
06-03-2002, 10:25 AM
ewallace, when you moving? Hopefully you'll be around in late July?

fightfan, are you in San Antonio? I'll be out there for the last two weeks of July and am looking for training partners. I'm pretty cool on my stand up, but haven't found any BJJ'ers yet.

ewallace
06-03-2002, 11:04 AM
I'm moving in a week or two but only across town. I'll still be here bro.

Yeah FF lives here too.

Water Dragon
06-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Cool!!!

E... Are you an old Chung Moo guy? If so, my teacher remebers you from the Golden Mountain and had good things to say about you.

ewallace
06-03-2002, 11:09 AM
Nope. Never did any chung moo.

I was at the mountain around '90/91

fightfan
06-03-2002, 06:13 PM
Water Dragon & ewallace, check your PM's.

ewallace
06-26-2002, 10:53 AM
It's going down tonight. I will be there.

ewallace
06-27-2002, 06:44 AM
Well, I was somewhat dissapointed by this event. No closed fists to the head were allowed. I have a feeling that it has something to do with Texas state laws regarding fighting.

I do have much respect for everyone that had the cojones to step into the ring. The best part was when one of the fights opening bell rang, one of the fighters jumped up on the ropes and started yelling "come on...bring it" or something to get the crowd going and to taunt the other fighter. Well, this same loudmouth proceeded to get his ass whipped. Very good lesson to be learned there.

I am glad I only had to pay half price for my ticket (we got two free tickets so we split the cost of the third). It was worth $12.50 but not worth $25. I would advise anyone who is presented with a chance to see this kind of fighting live to do so.

omegapoint
06-27-2002, 03:10 PM
That event was BS as are most MMAs events! No friggin' fists to the head, WTF? Anyway, I wasted my money and so did everyone else that attended that fiasco. There is no need for anyone to see this so-called "reality fighting" b/c it's false advertising! There was no reality and very little fighting!!!