PDA

View Full Version : Should you lift weights and do dynamic tension on the same day?

phantom
05-30-2002, 01:17 PM
If so, which one should you do first? Thanks in advance.

RFM
05-30-2002, 02:50 PM
You did not state if you were lifting for strength or bodybuilding. If bodybuilding, then I would use dynamic tension at the end of a work out to help bring out more definition in your muscles for the really ripped look.

If for strength, you may consider using it before a workout, but keep in mind that proper form is key to building strength and mass (not to mention avoiding injury). Pre-exhaughsting those muscles may not be all that wise before a serious workout.

If not sure, just doing it for fun or both, I would suggest using the dynamic tension at the end of a work out, again so that you can really focus on form.

Peace,

Bob

IronFist
05-30-2002, 10:56 PM
Hey RFM, welcome to KFO :)

Yeah dude, like RFM said, what are your goals?

And by "dynamic tension" do you mean holding a muscle in one position while tensed, or do you mean keeping it tensed through a range of motion? Both have been referred to as "dynamic tension" when they are actually very different things.

ironFist

ged
05-31-2002, 02:06 AM
ive always thought of it as dynamic = changing, tension = flexing, ie keeping it tensed through a range of motion.

RFM
06-03-2002, 04:33 PM
Good point on defining dynamic tension. There are two ways it can be done, and I was referring to use of tension (flex) through a wide range of motion. I have used static tension, just simply holding a position - but when the muscles still have to work, it brings out more definition and conditioning.

Bob