PDA

View Full Version : Some of these Videos are BRUTAL

Rolling Elbow
05-31-2002, 06:42 AM
http://64.224.111.216/multimedia/

I think this vid link is from the Kung Fu magazine. Check how pathetic the "grandmaster" of Wing Chun is. Just Brutal! I mean sifu perhaps , but MAster?! Yikes. The way he is working the dummy is absolutely ridiculous...its only a valuable training tool if you actually work it. the guy is slow.

There, i ranted.

xingyiman
05-31-2002, 07:19 AM
The video clips look like they're from training videos. Are you sure that he is'nt just doing it slow for purely demontration purposes. Maybe he is just showing the viewer how to hit and work the dummy, with the implication that ACTUAL dummy practice will be faster with more power, as the student progresses in Wing Chun.

Rolling Elbow
05-31-2002, 07:56 AM
I might have jumped the gun....BUt, MASTER? Come on. The hapkido stuff is equally bad if not worse. Yet another Grand Master who demontrates average skills.

stumpydee
05-31-2002, 08:35 AM
Guys,

It looks more like slow motion to me, if you check out the second video of the wooden dummy, see the dummy is moving when he hits it and it also moves very slow.

Just a thought

Damian

fa_jing
05-31-2002, 09:34 AM
Phillip Holder = Grandmaster of what? Just means that he heads up an organization.

-FJ