PDA

View Full Version : Attention Hau Tien: 7* training

fa_jing
05-31-2002, 09:46 AM
You said you did Lo Han, I think this is the name of a form?

Does it include tapping on your kindeys and stuff like that? The Qigong we did does. The whole set takes 20-25 minutes to perform.

I still remember the set, in fact yesterday I did it in the park here at lunch. Felt great afterwards, although I got a few stares.

-FJ

Hau Tien
05-31-2002, 11:29 AM
Lo Han is a kind of form... um... hard to explain, really. It involves correct breathing and standing meditation, in addition to some physical exercises.

The speed can be 20-40 minutes, depending on the speed of breath. We even managed a one hour set once.

The kidney tapping we do as well... sort of a full body "massage". Starting with the head and moving down through the heart, kidneys, arms, knees, etc... That's not a part of Lo Han, though...

I've never seen an online video of Lo Han, so I'm not sure how our sets compare with others... I'd definitely be curious to see such things:)

Hau Tien

fa_jing
05-31-2002, 12:17 PM
Too bad Master Kwan never got a website up and running. I'd like to show you the Qi Gong, it contains exercises that will help your overall strength, as well as PM - specific movements. Don't have a video camara, though.

They practice the Lo Han set at my kwoon, so I know what you're talking about. I think this might be straight out of Northern Shaolin. Lots of Buddha hand, etc. Don't know the set myself, I never got past the first form in PM.

As for forearms, I would like to share a story Sifu Kwan told us. He saw one of his teachers break a live tree in half with a scissoring motion with his forearms. I don't know the diameter of the tree, but if Sifu Kwan is impressed, I am very impressed.

Some of the students were explaining to me how Sifu Kwan believes that the nunchukas are useless. He had his student swing hard, and he just took it on his forearms!! He did some real hard conditioning in his youth. Looking at his hands, they look like they are three times too thick for his size.