PDA

View Full Version : ruhu zhu

dubj
05-31-2001, 05:57 AM
Has anyone heard of sifu Ruhu Zhu. He is cantonese and teaches white crane here in arizona. I haven't been able to find much info on him or his style. I would like any info about him, his lineage, and what style of white crane he teaches.

BIU JI
05-31-2001, 07:25 AM
You make cheese sticks? Wow, what a cheese ball job!!

Oh sorry couldnt help it, its bad I know! welcome to the forum anyhow!Sorry cant help ya on the white crane issue .

dubj
06-01-2001, 12:46 AM
Well thanks biu ji! BTW it's cheese steaks, and yes the job does require massive amounts of brain power. Anyway does anyone know what style of white crane that has five forms? I don't remember exactly what they are called but it is something like calling crane, stalking crane, pecking crane, flying crane, and something else.

Crimson Phoenix
06-02-2001, 02:41 PM
Actually, from my sources, Fujian White Crane can be divided into four substyles (eating crane, ancestral=trembling/shaking crane, shouting crane, flying crane), it seems to be what you meant in your question if I judge by the names (pecking could be eating, calling could be shouting etc...).
From what I know, each of this style has different training concepts and techniques while sharing a great common root, and they each have their own forms...
You can ask Mr Goninan, he's far more informed than me :-)
I heard of Sifu Zu and from what I remember his instructor had a good rep, but that's all I'll risk on the topic!
Phoenix

WenJin
06-02-2001, 03:16 PM
There is a another different white crane style in fujian we call it "Yong Chun Bai He Quan" as well as the four (which have different names and subdivisions at times).
Master Hung Zheng Fu teaches that variation here in GuangChang. Some say it is the origin of the four as it contains the methodology/techniques of all four categories within

dubj
06-03-2001, 06:18 AM
I got that info about his style from his website which isn't working, so I don't know exactly what they are called. It would make sense that it is fukien white crane because he is cantonese. Is that the only southern white crane style? Crimson phoenix do you remember who his teacher is?

Crimson Phoenix
06-03-2001, 02:48 PM
I thought yongchun white crane was the same as the ancestral style (which is supposed to have the caracteristics of the other styles, hence the name "ancestral")??
Anyway, do you agree to the theory that yongchun white crane is the basis of Wing Chun (yong chun adn wing chun refer to the same caracters)??
I personnaly see a lot of common roots, but some others say it's completely false...what is your opinion?
As for Sifu Zhu, the name of his own sifu eludes me at the time, but I guess I could put my hands on the info somehow...
Good practice!!

WenJin
06-03-2001, 07:03 PM
Yong Chun Bai He differs from Zong He.
Origin ...hmm... hard to tell there are a lot of qualities within but the current HK wing chun is missing a majority component of the power principles which are essential...though some wing chun in china has the power principles. Though the 5 elements are common to both though unknown to many wing chun practitioners as that name.