PDA

View Full Version : Attn:brad Souders!!!!

Merryprankster
06-01-2002, 10:28 AM
Are you fullofbs, by chance? :D

DelicateSound
06-01-2002, 11:02 AM
"Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well."
Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)

Merryprankster
06-02-2002, 07:30 AM
ttt

DelicateSound
06-02-2002, 07:54 AM
I've seen him on here, and still no reply.

[makes "flapping" motion with arms]

Cluck! Cluck cluck! :D

Brad Souders
06-02-2002, 06:01 PM
On the UG i post under the name full of bs :) Cause half the time thats what i am.

Merryprankster
06-02-2002, 06:03 PM
Did you go to the Seminar?

Brad Souders
06-02-2002, 06:17 PM
What seminar?

Merryprankster
06-02-2002, 06:20 PM
Shaolin, Braga, and Lloyd all held a seminar in Philly at Jared's BJJ school.

Brad Souders
06-02-2002, 06:30 PM
****!!! No one informed me of this seminar which blows. But things are going to change really soon with Grove moving back with a strong possiblity of him living in DC. If this is the case merry will be sick of seeing me.

I'm working on a new counter to someone blocking a straight armbar. You know when you lean back and the person always reaches up and grabs the wrist to protect. Well if they are leaning to far over kind of on their shoulder i've been working at this.
Take the top leg over their neck and cut it across their far elbow. If you can (only happened once so far) grab that foot and pull towar you. ( causes a weird descending armhug) but if it doesn't follow the leg around and now straight armlock the arm they where using to attack with. Once i get the move down to work which may result in stopping mid way for kimura instead i will name it the Souders Switch :)

Merryprankster
06-02-2002, 06:35 PM
So the leg over the head goes on the outside of the far elbow, you reach and grab your foot and pull it in? That should bring both arms closer to your body/hips---

Hmmm.... the way I am envisioning this it sounds like a nasty set up for the Kimura, because if you sit up, the elbow will be right in your chest, and you can grip break EASY. Or even an Omo Plata under the right conditions.

Brad Souders
06-02-2002, 06:46 PM
Yeah the only time i've caught the armhug was when i shrugged in really tight using my shoulder to make the space. The kimura i believe will be the best to go. Umo plata hmmm may have to look into this.

This when i made a while back and catches people of guard the first time i do it.
Same type of situation. Except this time while your fighting them take the leg across their stomach and hook it inside their thigh/back of knee of the leg farest away from you. Now with one big motion pull back like you going for the kill. Release the arm. (Most people turn in when they feel the big pull) now using the leg you are hooking kick up their leg and meet it. Now the leg you used is on the inside and the other is on top into a nice kneebar. :D