PDA

View Full Version : looking for hung gar friends

southern todai
05-31-2001, 03:16 PM
hello together

i'm looking for hung gar friends all over the word. i life in switzerland (europe).

feel free and write something

thanks

Je Lei Sifu
05-31-2001, 04:12 PM
Greetings Souther Todai:

You'll find that there are several Hung Ga People on this forum and that there are several different post concerning Hung Ga.

Hope you will enjoy your time spent visiting this forum and hopefully it is a good experience for you.

Welcome aboard.

Je Lei Sifu
:cool:

The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger

Laine Nakachi
06-01-2001, 10:35 AM
I'm looking for hung gar friends all over the world . I live in switzerland
( europe ) feel free and write something
Thanks

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

southern todai,

welcome, who is your sifu in Hung gar ?
Although , I don't study hung gar, the art that I'm learning now contains hung gar techniques.

You know southern todai,hung gar is a very good topic to discuss.But just to let you know and I'm not criticizing hung gar or talking bad about hung gar.It's a point of argument and disagreements.I just ended an discussion on hung gar, dealing with some close minded troll.I was picked on just by supporting hung gar.But ignore the troll , they'll only **** you off .Just to let you know .Other than that , I like hung gar .

Take Care ,
Fe Luk

Fe luk

Wah
06-01-2001, 11:21 PM
I am a hung gar practitioner too so tell me who ur sifu is?

If the river is red, take the muddy path - meeh :eek:

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-02-2001, 05:48 AM
Hung Gar is alot like Karate but it uses deeper horse stances. The main form is the Tiger and Crane form which is very similar to Karate. Much of Hung Gar was developed on the "Red Junks" by the rebels against the government at that time. These people often put on "kung-fu stage shows" at various villages etc.... as a front for their covert activity.

Given that Hung Gar people know that they are no match for the government solders, Hung Gar remained a very basic form of self defence with alot of showy by impractical moves for fighting purposes - butnecessary for putting on an entertaining stage performance.

You can be my HungGar friend

ego_extrodinaire@hotmail.com

Maximus Materialize!

DF
06-02-2001, 06:03 AM
You mentioned you are a sifu and do you live in New Jersy ? If you do would it be possible for us Hung Ga folks to come down to your school or you if you wish come to ours to show us how impractical our style is.
Please provide address for your school or if you wish you or your students are welcome to any of ours. You can find the address on our web www.yeeshungga.com (http://www.yeeshungga.com)

Please don't turn this into a 50 pages back and forth debate for the public amuesment. Just provide us an address and a time or inform us when you will be visiting us. The only respond you will get from me is a confirmation of the meeting time.

DF

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-02-2001, 07:22 AM
Hi DF

I would love to visit your school to show you how impractical Hung Gar is. What time would best suite.

Do you have ramp access to your studio. If not I'll need you or your student's assistance to carry me and my wheel chair. I've recently put on a bit more weight and my wheel chair has a larger electric motor. You may need 4 to 5 people to carry me.

Thanks for the web site - look impressive. My experience is that Hung Gar people are very good with their presentation.

Maximus Materialize!

South Paw
06-02-2001, 08:36 AM
Greetings to your Sifu Martin Sewer.
Click on my profile to see my picture.

South Paw

bean curd
06-02-2001, 08:50 AM
if you can't go send your top students

DF
06-02-2001, 05:24 PM
Very glad to see that you are willing to visit.
I think the best thing to do is for you and your students to come to our tournament in New Jersy and demonstrate your great skills to all of us in public. There will be many schools both Northern and Sourthern there to witness this event. This will eliminate any controversal outcome.
The College where the tournament will be held is wheelchair accessable. Please bring your top students.

Info on the tourny is also on our web.

DF

DF
06-02-2001, 05:34 PM
Sorry friends to turn your well intended thread into this. My name is Dixon Fung, with the Yees Hung Ga Kung Fu Academy.

south Paw : will you be going to China as well in August?

Df

cha kuen
06-03-2001, 04:12 AM
I'm sorry Ego but I really have to disagree with you. Hung Gar is NOTHING like Karate. I don't mean to troll here but no style of kung fu is similar to karate.

The expression of power alone is a huge differences. The fact that Karate uses all-out stiff and tense power voids kung fu's concept of sensitivity. You never hear about masters studying "Hung Gar and Karate" or " Wing Chun and Karate."

It just doesn't happen.

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-03-2001, 06:35 PM
Thanks DF,

Katrina and I would be delighted to attend your auspicious event! It would be great if you could secure us a few good seats to watch the event. Would the Hung Gar team be performing Chinese Opera like in the old days?

Maximus Materialize!

DF
06-03-2001, 07:55 PM
I think you misunderstood me. I am inviting you and your students not as spectators but to prove to us Hung Ga and Southern Stylists how ineffective we are. Spectating will not do, we need your students to personally match against ours. You see ,we are not scholars and know very little about debating with pens or nowaday on keyboards. The only way for you to convince us is demonstrate your great skills on us. Please do us Southern folks this great favor. Looking forward to see you and your students at the tourny.

Thk

DF

Kung Lek
06-03-2001, 09:40 PM
Hi-

Just a small comment.

Ego- while tiger crane is important, the foundation of the system of Hung ga is "Gung Gee Fook Foo" or "Taming the Tiger".

This is the set that was taught to Hung Hei Gwun by the monk Gee sim see of the Shaolin Temple.

The rest of the sets were developed later, but taming the tiger is the big one in pretty much all families that practice Hung Gar because it was the first set of the system and possessed the shaolin Tiger techniques.

peace

Kung Lek

Ross
06-04-2001, 03:41 AM
Hate to be off topic (slightly) but maybe people just don't mention that they study karate and kung fu together.

Hawkins Cheung is a very famous contemporary of Bruce Lee who teaches Wing Chun and Tai Chi in California. He was reported to have studied Goju Ryu karate while in Hong Kong(up to at least a 3rd Dan level)and already studying wing chun. He did this to be better aquainted with the attacking methods(supposedly). The japanese karate visitors to HK supposedly loved to train with him when they visited.

So there ... a well known WC fighter who does Tai chi also did/does karate.

For what it's worth......

R ;)

FuHok Fighter
06-04-2001, 07:13 AM
Greetings southern todai!

Isn't it funny how you can start a seemingly harmless thread and it turns into a challenge.

Well, I for one am just happy with saying hello and asking who your Sifu is.

I train with disciples of two well known Hung Gar masters. My Sifu is affiliated with Sifu Buck Samkong and Sifu John Leong through his teachers.

I wonder if anyone here is familiar with these two great teachers and whether or not anyone knows the different aspects of their Hung Gar?

That is probably something for another thread.

Maybe I will post something later, I am off to read more from the forum. :rolleyes:

Train Hard, Fight Hard!

southern todai
06-04-2001, 08:57 AM
thank you very much for the answer

for more informations about me and my sifu, please look under www.shaolin.ch (http://www.shaolin.ch)

bye

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-04-2001, 01:43 PM
DF,

Fantastic, we get to compete with your Hung Gar students - that would be great! Some of the junior students would probably like to jump in the ring as well. Is there ramp access for the disabled - I may like a piece of the action on the day's festivities.

Maximus Materialize!

DF
06-04-2001, 04:30 PM
Great, looking forward to see you and your students there. All I need is your real name and the name of your school so that we will be looking out for you guys. Now we can consider this matter close until the tourny day. Let not waste time debating and let this thread proceed in its original intend.

Thk

DF

South Paw
06-04-2001, 08:44 PM
Hello Dixon,

It will be difficult for me to go to China in August to join Sifu Chiu Chi Ling. I just got married and the baby we have is just 2 months old. Also at that time I just finished my holliday. Have to start teaching at the college that week.

Greetings,
Klaas

aka

South Paw

DF
06-04-2001, 09:49 PM
Congratulation, will you start the baby with stances work first or toliet training first lol.

Seriously, I will not be able to go to China neither but a lot of my sidas are going with Sifu.
I guess both of us will have to wait for pics.

Thks

DF

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-05-2001, 12:06 PM
DF

Excellent, my top students and I will be sending in the applications forms very soon. We intend to visit your school sometime over the next few weeks to have a chat and maybe go out for a meal.

I know you're a busy person, so during the tournement, we would do our best to keep the fights short so that we don't waste too much of our time.

Meanwhile, I'll put up a poll to see what other people think the odds are. Take care and train hard.

PS. would there be chinese opera?

Maximus Materialize!

WongFeHung
06-06-2001, 08:00 PM
DF, I think Circus Maximus is just trying to get your goat. I can't imagine someone spouting this drivel to his students and calling himself "Sifu" He is obviously putting us all on.Makes me feel kinda like doing a Johnny Yudoe (anyone see that old B&W Marlow movie with Richard Widmark and Victor mature?) I won't go into it due to the slight possibility that I might actually be offending other handicapped people, just watch the movie-sickening.

caycej
06-07-2001, 02:43 AM
I tried your e-mail but it doesn't seem to work from your profile.

Anyway, I was just curious about your teachers and their relationships to Bucksam Kong and John Leong in relation to your location in Salt Lake City.

e-mail me if you get a chance.
kozmo19@hotmail.com

Cheers.

Honggia
06-10-2001, 08:55 PM
I also study hunggar and recently sign up for this forum. Nice to meet all the hung gar practitioners on this board.

Hong Gia
http://clik.to/hunggar