PDA

View Full Version : Lefty or Righty poll

Xebsball
06-02-2002, 07:10 PM
Hey you guys this is just to know wich is the forums people orientation sorta.

To answer the poll its like leg/arm, just choose wich one you are like based on what your main leg/arm is.
L for left
R for right
ambi is for ambidexturous (spell?)

Xebsball
06-02-2002, 07:14 PM
btw im L/R

IronFist
06-02-2002, 09:04 PM
R/R represent!

IronFist

KungFuGuy!
06-02-2002, 09:10 PM
My legs are ambidextrous (I thought it was spelled ampidextrous, ah well), and I'm right handed. Lately I've been trying to make my hands ambi, but it's hard. I don't really know of any good drills to work my left, so I've just been doing day to day things like writing, carrying things, jerking off, etc with my left hand. I just beat everyone at work tonight in air hockey with my left hand, so I'm getting there :D

wufupaul
06-02-2002, 09:34 PM
I'm predominately L/L, but I can use my right side pretty well, too.

Chang Style Novice
06-02-2002, 11:28 PM
right right, which is vaguely peculiar because my politics are distinctly leftist.

Mr Punch
06-03-2002, 12:59 AM
Interesting. Originally I'm RR, and that's what I voted (although in boxing I naturally favoured south-paw).

Over the years of training my left hand has become more adept at some tasks and faster (than my right), but only with weight training to get the arm up to the same size as my right, has the power generation started to even out. I do firmly believe in the body mechanics thing being more important than pure physical strength for power generation so I don't know how this can be... I'm sure I haven't reached my maximum efficiency in body mechanics yet!!

And now I can write quite well with my left...! I always wipe with my right and talk on the telephone with my left though, so I'll never get those two confused...:o !

My rooting is unbelievable. My moving around is ok. My kicking sucks, but my right is stronger. My legs are horrible.

My toes are long, and freakily good at picking things up, drawing etc! Maybe this is why my rooting is good!

Oh bugger, there wasn't any point to this - just that I'd never really put it together in the same bunch of thoughts before...

Er, bye!

dezhen2001
06-03-2002, 03:08 AM
L/L tho i can use my right side reasonably well :)

david

guohuen
06-03-2002, 09:35 AM
Also L/L and comfortable with the right.
Toney

fa_jing
06-03-2002, 09:47 AM
Like Xebby, L/R. So I fight (mostly) left side forward, favor the lead leg, and clock'm with a cross when I get in range.

-FJ

Leonidas
06-03-2002, 02:02 PM
I'm a R/R. When i was a toddler i was ambidextrous but i finally decided to use my right. Most of the people in the world are righties and in some countries they even force lefties to go righty (not even the freedom to be a southpaw) :(. Oh yea, i can pick up **** with my toes too Mat, i dont know about drawing with it :confused:. Being a freak of nature has it's perks though. I guess thats where the evolved from primates bs comes from.

Hai_To
06-03-2002, 02:35 PM
I'm a little bit of a freak of nature too. :D

I'm naturally left handed (eating, brushing hair or teeth), but I throw a ball with my right hand. When I play baseball, I can switch hit, but I'm a natural righty. And I'm definitely more right handed when I practice kung fu.

Go figure.

SevenStar
06-03-2002, 09:47 PM
I am left handed and box southpaw, but that is because I prefer having my left leg in the rear and that fighting southpaw while natural to me, confuses a lot of people.

I fall in the freak category too though. Even though I am left handed, I do everything that involves athletics with my right side, except martial arts at which I can do pretty well on both sides BUT - my left leg kicks are better than my right and my right hand punches are better than my left, with the exception of the left hook which is better than my right hook.

aw he11, I've confused myself now...

diego
06-03-2002, 09:54 PM
I'm not voting until I Know Why!.
Not Sure I Tru$t You With This Info!/

awakenwired
06-03-2002, 10:11 PM
I write with my right hand. I can alternate pretty much everything else from hand to hand. But favor my right leg versus my left even though I feel my left is a bit more powerfull. :confused: Once I went bowling. Both hands were equally as awkward, and had a rather difficult time deciding which hand to use. Oh well. :D

Xebsball
06-04-2002, 02:27 PM
As i had planed, now all you guys that voted will be asaulted this week by bums when you are going to work/school on your weakest side haha you better now how to turn quickly suckas

wufupaul
06-04-2002, 03:20 PM
I'm not worried, I'll just whack them with my third leg, :) It swings side to side and can handle attacks from left or right, :D

Xebsball
06-04-2002, 11:44 PM
wufu, this bums are of a special kind, trained and all. your grand hyper huge massive holy third leg wont scare them since they espcialize on sackface and nutbar submissions.

http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/xebs/PJJ/sackface.jpg

Wingman
06-05-2002, 01:11 AM
It would be more interesting if you had included in the poll whether you are right eye dominant or left eye dominant. ... Just a suggestion.

wufupaul
06-05-2002, 06:58 AM
The link isn't working, man, :( How dare you think a bum can defend against my dreaded sackface submission!

Xebsball
06-05-2002, 02:38 PM
TTT - so the new people can vote too.

Xebsball
10-31-2002, 03:43 PM
Include A/S/L if you want :D

wufupaul
10-31-2002, 03:51 PM
Dude, why vote? We both know that left-handed people are superior, ;) :D

TaoBoy
10-31-2002, 03:54 PM
My mum thinks I'm beautiful...I can't decide...at kung fu I fight right foot forward...at shootfighting I fight left foot forward...at bjj my feet are all over the place...I'm so confused...Marc ask me an easy question. :)

Xebsball
08-01-2003, 12:35 AM
TTT

to the top

its the rise of the sinistrals
more will follow :o

quiet man
08-01-2003, 03:19 AM
L/L and proud of it :)

(but I have a mean right fak sau) :D

Xebsball
08-11-2003, 07:51 PM
reprezent

chen zhen
08-12-2003, 06:48 AM
Gotta do this again.. sorry homs

chen zhen
08-12-2003, 07:06 AM
left/right? dunno, dun care (http://www.funnypics.dk/side1/keepright.jpg)

Sho
08-12-2003, 09:34 AM
R/R, meaning that I kick better with the right leg and write better with the right hand. Usually I jab with the left hand and do crosses with the right hand. The other way around is ok too, but I'm more comfortable this way (left hand jabs) when it comes to kicking (with the right leg).

Shaolin-Do
08-12-2003, 09:56 AM
My hands are gettin ambi, but right still has more power...

Left leg kicks better cause I dont like using it for support, due to bum knee.

Machine_Phantom
01-09-2004, 08:04 PM
remember when you were young
you shone like the sun

anton
01-09-2004, 08:45 PM
Xebby?

Volcano Admim
03-20-2004, 04:27 PM
shine
on
you crazy
diamond!!!!!!

and ttt for this thread
although some fools fail to recognize, it does have great martial value

scotty1
03-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Gouhen don't take this the wrong way but I was thinking about you when Taichibob said your gardener in a war thing. Wondered where the **** you'd got to.

And Dezhen, how you doing?

Long time no type.

God we're geeky motherfukkers. :)

Uh, on topic, I'm surprised more people aren't left hand right foot.

Gangsterfist
03-20-2004, 07:57 PM
I am ambidexterous but still do better with my right hand. I went to art school and one point and took a whole semester of drawing where you use your off hand. It helped my left hand skills so much. I can also skateboard both goofy and regular footing, shoot pool both left and right handed, hit a baseball left and right handed.

I can't throw left handed very well, and my basketball shot left handed is not as good as my right handed shot, niether is my left hand dribbling, but I can still do it.

I played soccer for many years and can kick both left and right footed pretty well, but my right is a bit stronger.

Train your off hand and off foot and eventually they will be almost at par with your heavily used side.

Ironwind
03-20-2004, 08:32 PM
My speed is greater from my right side. My technique is equal on both sides. I tend to block more effeiciently with my left then with my right. I throw certain kicks with certain legs. For example i can only tornado kick with my right leg. I can do it it with my left but if feels weird and week. My stance is half-ma bu left hand chambered with ma leg ( left ), outside right-hand palm ridge aimed at opponent. Though in close range everything turns ambi. In close all is equal maybe because the change to my 50-50 stance it all most seems like the natural stance.

I'm still working on being completly ambi