PDA

View Full Version : Bagua in Atlanta

acrissime
06-03-2002, 03:01 PM
Hey, I'm here at GATech (Atlanta, GA, USA) for the summer and I was interesting in trying out Bagua. It sounds like it would fit what I'm looking for (an open, fluid, circular style) but I haven't been able to find anyone who teaches anywhere near Atlanta. Does anyone know of someone in the area that teaches it? (and do you have any contact information for them?) Thanks.

sean_stonehart
06-03-2002, 04:18 PM
Click Here (http://www.atlantamartialarts.com/country/china.htm)

acrissime
06-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Thanks, but I tried that. All of the info seems to be old, of the entire list, I can't get a hold of any of them. Two schools seem to have moved (specifically, the Laughing Dragon school and the Atlanta Academy of Martial Arts), the Shaolin Center won't teach it until you've been with them for a while and learned several other styles (their personal philosophy of teaching every single style in a specific order) and the Mind - Body Center only offers it to their existing, advanced students, and well, the last guy just looks a little sketchy. There was one of them that had a website, but lacked contact information (specifically the Health & Harmony Association and , so I can't follow up. The West Georgia Association used to teach it but doesn't anymore (and being a campus club, isn't in session now). I was hoping someone had a little more information, or perhaps updated information on the two schools which have closed/moved/aren't there anymore. (I was told by one person that there were a bunch that used to train in a park, but that they haven't been around in a while; anyone know about them?)
Thanks again.