PDA

View Full Version : Ego fights again!

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-05-2001, 12:14 PM
Hey Guys,

Dixon Fung of a Hung Gar academy in NY has asked Ego Extgrodinaire's top students to compete in a Kung Fu tournament. Given that Ego has lost the use of his legs, his best student will be representing him in the contest.

So who do you think will win?

Maximus Materialize!

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-06-2001, 04:25 PM
Show some support for your hero Maximus. Although he is trapped in a wheel chair, his student is none other than Leroy Brown - meaner than a junk yard dog.

Maximus Materialize!

mysteri
06-06-2001, 05:56 PM
out of curiosity, what style will your student be using ego? i know it's a northern one of course. and what type of competition? point-sparring, continuous light contact, kickboxing, san shou, NHB? jus curious b/c the outcome can vary depending on the type of competition.

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-08-2001, 02:55 AM
Hey Mystri,

You can find Dixon Fung's invite on this Hung Gar web page. www.yeeshungga.com (http://www.yeeshungga.com)

Leroy and I go back a long way. Back in the under graduate days at MIT I used to be a computer nerd and was picked on by a thug at the local bar. Basically, Leroy jumped in and beat him up. Leroy and i became good friends after that day and I learned that he was an experienced bar room brawler and a motor sports enthusest.

I helped him enahnce his racer with me and my team of researches at MIT and this had helped him perform spactacuarly at an important race event.

when I was practicing Northern Kung Fu we sparred alot and there was a healthy exchange of ideas. I did pick up a new interest from him (ie bar room brawling) which was great when as a team we could really beat up those locals. During that time we discovered that Northern Styles worked so much better than the southern counterparts.

Anyway, in the coming Kung Fu competition, My friend Leroy will be representing me. We're not entirely sure what sort of rules he'll be fighting under and i agree the outcome would depend alot on the rules. We're used to fighting with no rules, hard and brutal.

Maximus Materialize!

bean curd
06-08-2001, 09:38 AM
ego, i am more than sure what ever rules you wish to use the yee's will accomidate you, they are always helpfull.

no rules have always been a southern thing anyway.

as you have said us southern players are peasants and anyway we get confussed with rules, you know which ones to remember which ones to forget, so with no rules we find it that much simpler

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-08-2001, 01:38 PM
Bean Curd,

I guess that's what friends are for. A little give and take never hurts anyone. i think that post was about finding new friends in Hung Gar.

Maximus Materialize!

DF
06-09-2001, 01:30 AM
No rule is fine or what ever you want. We are still awaiting your name and the name of school.

Thks
DF

ps Leroy Brown- meaner than a junk yard dog.
I like that song too, it was from the 70's right.

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-09-2001, 10:37 AM
DF,

You've heard the song now you can meet Leroy in person. I'll check with him to see if he's sent in the application.

What other styles are attending?

Ego extrodinaire is a name created for this forum and this forum only. No association can be made to its author, the author's students or any school or persons real or imaginary. This is what my lawyer told me.

Maximus Materialize!

DF
06-09-2001, 04:15 PM
It is obvious from your last post that you are not serious, which is fine. In a sick way, I do enjoy your trolling, it does provide amuesment at the end of a hard working day. I give credit to your sense of humor and good luck in your life.

thks

DF

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-10-2001, 12:06 PM
DF,

Suit yourself, it's fine by me if you choose to keep this to a contest of words. After all, battles fought 300+ years ago have already proven that Northern systems are superior of the two.

What's one more battle going to prove besides a glorious public spectacle.

But let's get one thing straight. I am not a torll never was never will be.

Maximus Materialize!

DF
06-10-2001, 05:49 PM
we did not chicken out, you know who we are.
You know where to find us. You know when and where the tourny is. All you have to do is show up with your friends or students.
You are the one that is clever with words and still hiding behind your computer. The choice is yours, either show up at the tourny or let us know who and where your school at. Enough of this debate back and forth.

DF

mysteri
06-10-2001, 11:15 PM
i'm sure there are going to be bystanders at this event (granted ego really shows up). but if he really is for real, it would sure be nice to see some footage from this fight on the web. if anyone is not comfortable with putting it on the web, then i would sure be happy if i could be sent the file through e-mail or a copy of the tape. dixon fung is obviously confident in his skill (which he has no reason not to be) so it i would hope it wouldn't be a problem to put this on the net. thanks for the help and good luck competitors.

bean curd
06-11-2001, 03:48 AM
"put up or shut up" really no more needs to be said.

Ego_Extrodinaire
06-11-2001, 04:40 PM
Mystri

Obviously you feel that you have a good grasp with the odds. Perhaps you would like to be a bookie for this event. It's ok with me but best check with Dixon Fung and his organizers.

Dixon,

I'm sorry, from the tone of your previous post, I thought you called off the competition. Let's just say that we would be honoured to participate in this audacious event.

Because in the past, Hung Gar practitioners tend to do covert activities and never quite challenged the manchurian authorities directly. Perhaps things have changed over time - ever so slowly.

And yes, Leroy has indicated that he is happy to visit your school if he hasn't already visited it aready. He has a vast circle of Kung Fu friends and some of them may even be from your school. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Maximus Materialize!