PDA

View Full Version : What do you do for really bruised and blistered knuckles?

dragontounge2
06-05-2002, 07:27 AM
Mine are really trashed.

Leonidas
06-05-2002, 07:50 AM
If your looking for some ancient Chinese cure-all, sorry i can't really help you, BUT for bruises i use ICYHOT and Motrin, it takes the edge off. For blisters just leave them alone and dont break them, there sort of a natural bandage protecting against infection and other bad things while your injuries heal, if they hurt they sell ointment for that too at the pharmacy. Just stop training for a day or two and let them heal.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-05-2002, 10:26 AM
i always start using an open hand when smacking my wife around till they heal up.

fa_jing
06-05-2002, 11:29 AM
Just rub salt, vinegar, and fresh lime juice into the skin openings.

JUST KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SevenStar
06-05-2002, 12:17 PM
What were you doing to get them that way?

yu shan
06-05-2002, 12:35 PM
You stole my question SevenStar. :)

dragontounge2
06-05-2002, 12:58 PM
Well I was out side pole training when I got a sudden burst of adrenaline and I punched The fence and cracked the board a bit.
The I was Punching the wave master my knuckles started to bruise and a little later I peeled the skin off two of my knuckles.

SevenStar
06-05-2002, 01:10 PM
Since it involves open wounds, jow is out. I'd say let time heal it. Don't punch anything other than air for the next several days.

Leonidas
06-05-2002, 05:56 PM
Put some antibiotic ointment on it, and those little circular bandages. That'll do it. I tore the skin off my finger at the arcade. Takes a while to heal. Just keep applying ointment and keep flexing it so that when it finally heals your skin wont crack again.

Serpent
06-05-2002, 08:43 PM
You need some of that stuff that Mr Miyagi gave Ralph Macchio in the Karate Kid when the evil karate master made him hit stuff till his knuckles bled.

So, call Mr Miyagi. He's got a bonsai shop somehwere near a railroad in some town.

Somewhere.

Hope this helps.

Former castleva
06-07-2002, 02:01 AM
There could be chinese liniment that would help,but I donīt know about them so I wonīt give any advice on that.
One thing Iīm nearly sure about is theyīll heal on their own as long as you let them to (as previously noted)
Donīt strike until they heal completely.When itīs done,theyīll be harder and more conditioned.
Try using more elbows,palms and such while waiting for them to heal.
And yeah,remember to clean them at times,so they wonīt become infected.
Be patient and lots of luck!

dragontounge2
06-07-2002, 05:05 AM
Thanks, They are already healing but one is infected so I cleaned it with alcohol and put Iodine on it they be alright by monday.

yu shan
06-07-2002, 04:52 PM
Try soaking in hot Epsomsalts and treat with antibiotic ointment...or just go swim in the ocean all day. Try palm strikes next time you get the sudden burst. Train hard bro!

icebear
06-09-2002, 07:46 AM
I use thick plaster (that sticks to moist and sweaty skin) on the bruises when I train, because they take to long to heal for me to wait, like a couple of weeks. Using gloves stops the bruising, but it is not always an option.

Leonidas
06-09-2002, 02:44 PM
No need to put yourself through all that pain :( . Hydrogen Peroxide works too and disinfects better anyway

Oh yea, if it turns weird colors and starts to really hurt get off the computer and go to your docotr right away! Small wounds like that 'normally' shouldn't hurt except when applying disinfectants and after a few days it stops.

BSH
06-09-2002, 08:46 PM
Once the open wounds heal, find a good Dit Da to help heal the bruises. Then find a good training Dit Da so you don't do the same thing again.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-10-2002, 09:41 AM
have your mom lick the open wound until the infection has been cleaned out.