PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Dragontongue

Water Dragon
06-05-2002, 12:12 PM
I'd like to give you some advice that will save you a lot of time and frustration.

You have pretty much admitted to being a beginner in the arts. MerryPrankster and SevenStar are giving you very good information that you WILL have to learn eventually if you want to be good.

That doesn't mean give up Wing Chun, everything they are saying is general in nature and applies to all styles. To put it bluntly, you have some skewed ideas on Martial Arts.

Forget about the pressure points, "killing" techs, and other tricks. Focus on the basics and put in the work. If you ask you're teacher, I'll bet he'll tell you the same thing. If not, I'd get the he.ll out of Dodge and find a new Wing Chun school.

dragontounge2
06-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Im not new to the arts but new in wing Chun. A blow to the temple is a lot less dificult to pull off than a hit to the to a certain nerve point. For example intead of a punch when using pak sao use a knuckle fist and hit the temple. I wouldnt plan on doing any kind of "tricks" even when I do become advanced. Why would I quit wing chun?