PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Black Jack (or Chicago area knife guys)

crumble
06-05-2002, 12:56 PM
I have a benchmade knife that I would like to have modified to switch it's clip, so that I carry it "point down" rather than "point up". It would involve drilling three small holes and tapping (threading) them.

Anyone have someone they would personally recommend for this kind of work? I tried a gun shop I knew of, but the gunsmith didn't want the job for some reason(?). It seems simple to me... but I just don't have the necessary quality of tools.

-crumble

fa_jing
06-05-2002, 12:57 PM
I don't know much about drilling knives, but you gots to get with me and Waterdragon for some training, fella.

-FJ

Black Jack
06-05-2002, 01:02 PM
Have you checked out any local custom knifemakers in the area, any clubs, stuff like that to get a lead in on someone who will do the job for you.

Chicago is a big city, I am sure somebody could help you out, I will go through my links and see if I can find you anything.

Which Benchmade knife?

crumble
06-05-2002, 01:14 PM
It's a actually a rescue knife (blunt point and serrated blade) that I bought for when I work on a great lakes ship. I like how my Spyderco fightin knife clips better, but I liked the benchmade rescue knife.

Now all I can think of is how I'm going to need to draw that knife and cut a friend out of tangled rope... all the while the vessel will be pulling away from the dock, seconds away from pulling his entire body through the small porthole that the docklines are threaded through... and I finally get the knife out and turned around and opened... and I'm sawing like crazy at the 4 inch lines, but I need more time, BUT THERE ISN'T MORE TIME... and then there's the sound of cracking bones and blood is everywhere... and why? Why? All because the clip was on the wrong side of my knife! And now I can't sleep, I don't want to eat (not meat anyway), and only whiskey tastes good anymore... and then I'm fired from my job, living under a bridge, and selling Streetwise...

Oh, did I type all that or just think it?

-c

Water Dragon
06-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by crumble
and selling Streetwise...

Oh, did I type all that or just think it?

-c

LMFAO, God bless you

crumble
06-06-2002, 06:44 AM
:D Just trying to keep my Chicago brothers smiling!

Water Dragon and Fajing, what days are you guys training?

-c

fa_jing
06-06-2002, 09:16 AM
Today, if I can straighten out a situation with my landlord.
My new neighbors are a nightmare. :mad:

-FJ

guohuen
06-06-2002, 08:14 PM
You'll probably ruin the knife by drilling it. Tempered steel does not like to be drilled. It may crack or shatter and good luck getting the hole started. Also if the blade gets too hot during drilling it will loose it's temper and ability to hold an edge.

fa_jing
06-07-2002, 07:53 AM
Next training session: Grant Park, Friday 14th

-FJ