PDA

View Full Version : Ying Chao Fan Tzu Ch'uan

Ric Wu
06-05-2002, 06:40 PM
are there any Ying Chao Fan Tzu Ch'uan disciples in the forum?

Royal Dragon
06-05-2002, 06:43 PM
Of the Chao family, does that count?

Ric Wu
06-05-2002, 06:58 PM
Royal Dragon you are of the Chang Ch'uan Long Fist Boxing of Chao Kuang Yin (Emperor Sung) lineage I'am within the lineage of Eagla Talon Continous Attack Boxing of Wu Tat.

Your Long Fist Boxing is a very excellent boxing style and your lineage is very strong leading back to Chao Kuang Yin. Who was your teacher?

Royal Dragon
06-05-2002, 07:52 PM
I live near Chicago, there are no teachers here so I have started to absorb the system by couraspondance course from several sources. The most prominant are Sifu Edgar Livingston of Baltimore Maryland, and Sifu Rudy Abel of Southern California.

I have flown out to see Sifu Livingston on occasion, and I have plans to do the same with Sifu Able in time.

I have worked mostly on the Southern system and currently practice 4 forms, three basic ones from Sifu Livingston (although the first is San Zhen, and can hardly be considered basic) and a more intermediate level form from Abel's lineage.

I currently have one of the Nothern forms, called Yi Lu. It moves at a faster pace and is much more mobile than the Southern division. I was taught both the genral public set, and the "Family" set of Yi Lu.

I have a web site I'm building at http://royaldragonusa.net and my old one is listed in my signiture.

Stop by my Forum and say hi!!!

RD