PDA

View Full Version : Did some sparring with BJJ

CanadianBadAss
06-05-2002, 09:20 PM
Today i tried out a free BJJ lesson. Once making it through the warm up with out puking, it got a bit better. We did some spider thing, were u flip the go over or somthing and some other things for about 40 min. The rest of the time was spent doing NHB style sparring in this huge boxing ring. I think I did fairly well considering I'm that only 16 compared to all the other guys who are practically body builders. I handled their boxing/karate without much difficulty, but then before i know it my legs were getting picked up from under me. It's so fast. After a while i got the hang of staying right in close(that's the WC way anyway....) and as soon as they start to go down go into a rugby style rucking postition to help yourself stay up. But if you let the guy move around he'll just coming flying in the second your off gaurd. But once on the ground I'm helpless. Think I'll keep going, the free sparring alone makes it worth while.

Ryu
06-05-2002, 09:22 PM
free? You mean you don't have to pay even after the trial class? :confused:

Ryu

CanadianBadAss
06-05-2002, 10:01 PM
no, like the NHB type of sparring, free as in no restrictions

Ryu
06-05-2002, 10:12 PM
Oh. Sorry for the misunderstanding. :D
You should go for it. NHB sparring can be really fun. Make sure to be safe.

Ryu

rogue
06-06-2002, 05:42 AM
Welcome to the club CBA. If a good grappler wants you to go down, then he, with the help of his friend gravity, will get you there. Keep us posted how the WC and BJJ blends.

Merryprankster
06-06-2002, 06:07 AM
And Lo, from on high came a brilliant white light. And it was the soul of Helio Gracie.

"Welcome my son!" he said...

Ok, that's going nowhere--glad you had a good time. Enjoy!