PDA

View Full Version : Question..

S.Teebas
06-06-2002, 01:20 AM
Hi,

I had a experience i want to ask if anyone can shed some light on.

I recently started to dabble with some kundalini yoga medition. Just very basic stuff, where you say things as you give vibrations to each of the 7 chakra...and you nourish each of the seven and then link them all togeter. Now i have just done this for a while and noticed i started to feel good lately. Just feel as though i have more energy and more focus too! :)

Now i decide to start to do this before my martiar arts practice which is also very internal. And while performing a form, which is very slow...using the mind to direct movement, and linking my whole body and structure etc... suddenly as im thinking about linking...i fell a unusual, almost electrical pulse over my whole body. This might sound weird, but i cant explain what happend!??

I was concentrating on the linking at the time, all i can think is that every part of my body felt very..close. Like my thoughts can move my body..or somthing?? hmm... im not sure exactly.

Any idea anyone?

Has anyone else found strange results from combining meditiation with martial arts?

Nexus
06-06-2002, 09:21 AM
You didn't feel anything, you only think you felt something.

S.Teebas
06-06-2002, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the reply nexus..but do you think this means anything then? ...So are you saying that i convinced myself that this happened, and didnt really happen?
:confused:

TjD
06-06-2002, 10:48 PM
i think he went all taoist on your ass ;)

peace
trav

Nexus
06-06-2002, 10:54 PM
S.Teebas,

What happened happened. However, when we label what is happening as what we "think" is happening, because of what we have heard or what we think we are supposed to feel we lose the essence of what happened to begin with. Labels and events are quite different. The third party is never objective, they always see what they wan't to see. If that were not the case, then a jury would never convict an innocent man of being guilty.

Often times we like to think what we experience is somehow special, however it is not special at all. That doesn't mean that we cannot enjoy what we experience, however does labeling an experience and enjoying it have anything to do with eachother?

No_Know
12-22-2003, 02:00 PM
You whatevered enough to put something here. Others might can relate to what might have gone on. But that would be relevant to their delusions and skepticisms.

You didn't need it to be identified to have perhaps experienced it.

Trial and Error and Faith and Belief and Reason combine these to something-or-other whatever you care to call true.

Perhaps when you've felt it enough You can name it, if you like (names tend to be lacking).

The effort gone into Knowing is not going into experiencing...too many words. Go practice! :-) Enjoy and delight.

QuaiJohnCain
12-22-2003, 02:29 PM
Yes. Common stuff in Taiji, Hsing-I, and Bagua. One thing about sensations tho- treat them like thoughts and let them pass on through. They're indicators of progress, not achievement.

Originally posted by S.Teebas
Hi,

I was concentrating on the linking at the time, all i can think is that every part of my body felt very..close. Like my thoughts can move my body..or somthing?? hmm... im not sure exactly.

Any idea anyone?

Has anyone else found strange results from combining meditiation with martial arts?

TaiChiBob
12-23-2003, 06:03 AM
Greetings..

Unaccustomed to Kundalini energies they will sometimes feel like a mild, warm adrenaline rush (sometimes like a major adrenaline rush), but.. with training and discipline one can use these energies to enhance many aspects of life and the Martial Arts.. Many references to "illusion" but, i cannot know what "you" experienced.. the only "illusion" i am aware of is to search elsewhere for what is already within..

A useful exercise is to use your will/intent to try and collect this rising energy into the Dantien region.. if you are successful, you should notice that your Grand Circulation seems more noticable, more vibrant.. Once comfortable with that, try bouncing the energy off the ground, lead it down through the legs into the feet (root), pick up some earth energy on the bounce and lead it back up into the Grand Circulation (or whatever activity/application you are currently focusing on).. The greatest difficulty i used to face was the distraction of the sensation, it would pull me from the focus of the meditation.. just spend some time appreciating the nuances of the sensations so that you are comfortable with it before trying to harness it.. During Tai Chi if you sense these energies, try to lead them into the movements, let the energies excite the muscles.. if you are successful at moving these energies smoothly along the intended movements and your alignment is good the muscles will fire in a unique pattern producing a magnificent whipping motion..

There is some commentary regarding what you "think" you experienced, but.. that is all we have, our mind, to conceptualize the experience, to examine it and evaluate its worth.. it is true that we are not what we "think" we are, we are that which does the "thinking, but.. what we "think" we are is the feedback we give the "thinker (think about it :) ).. All in all, many of us will comment on "your" experience, based on "our" experiences.. there is wisdom in listening to others, there is enlightenment in listening to yourself.. Enjoy this new experience, it's yours...

Be well...