PDA

View Full Version : A little mad

respectmankind
06-06-2002, 03:13 AM
i sold some merchandise to someone who gave me a check (talking about 200 dollars) but when i went to cash it, there was no funds to back it up. i know where he lives, and i think maybe he made a mistake, but if he didn't, i am not sure how to respond. any suggestions, rational ones to, not just, kick his ass.

Kristoffer
06-06-2002, 03:31 AM
KICK HIS ASS!! I'm just kidding.. Confront him and be honest about this. Tell him that it was wrong and that it's your money. If he refuse, ask why he's lying, stealing etc.. Otherwise, try violence or police.

dragontounge2
06-06-2002, 05:18 AM
WHat did you sell him?

ewallace
06-06-2002, 06:17 AM
Hopefully it wasn't drugs. I actually saw some dumb ass lady on the show C.O.P.S. who called the cops when she gave some guy $20 for a crack rock and he wouldn't give it to her.

scotty1
06-06-2002, 06:21 AM
"i sold some merchandise to someone who gave me a check (talking about 200 dollars) "

Don't take it top the cops man. :)

Seriously, take it through the official lines.

Cipher
06-06-2002, 06:55 AM
Small claims is the best way to go if talking to him does not work.

If you kick his butt then you probably don't want to take him to small claims court and he will probably never pay you.

Just make sure you take any info that will help like pictures of the product any adds you may have had for the item. Anything to prevent a "his word against mine" senario. Good luck, I now how it feels to be forced to take a person to small claims.

dragontounge2
06-06-2002, 07:32 AM
But mental and emotional compansation is pretty good too if you do beat his arse.

greendragon
06-06-2002, 11:20 AM
first contact him and ask why. did you only deposit it once? you can redeposit it 2 or 3 times, but call his bank first so you don't waste your trys. and every time you redeposit it his bank will charge him if it bounces. if this fails or the account is closed, go to the states attorney to collect for you. in most states $200 is a felony..small claims court might award you triple the amount but you have no way to collect that judgement. best to control your anger and communicate with him. if it's no use and it's worth 200 to you, think of how jackie chan has accidents..oops i'm sorry, didn;t see you there. you o.k.?

fa_jing
06-06-2002, 01:41 PM
Unless you can prove that he has your stuff, I think you need to deal cash-only in this scenario, from now on.