PDA

View Full Version : Need Good Cardio Kix music

Royal Dragon
06-06-2002, 02:08 PM
Anyone got a source and some good titles and artists?

One thing I want is the theme to Mortal Kombat (For ****s and giggles)

Nevermind
06-06-2002, 02:33 PM
Check out Prodigy. Forget the name of the cd but it features "Firestarter", "Breathe", and the infamous "Smack My B@#ch Up". Electronica usually gets the blood pumpin' for cardio kix. The heavy metal version of Puff Daddy's "All About the Benjamins" goes over well with our classes. It seems that the hardcore techno, hip hop, and hard rock stuff gets the adrenaline goin' the best. Hope this helps. Have fun!

norther practitioner
06-06-2002, 02:44 PM
any progressive house, or electronica usually gets the cardio kix class going at my school. Any techno really, might wanna stay away from the Jungle (too fast). They also will throw in just some random hard rock and such.

Chang Style Novice
06-06-2002, 02:51 PM
uptempo funk is what you need. Dennis Coffey's "Theme to Black Belt Jones" and just about anything else by him should go over great. I got a lot of it from Audiogalaxy.

MonkeySlap Too
06-06-2002, 03:16 PM
Anything by KMFDM.

guohuen
06-06-2002, 07:55 PM
The Supernatural album from Carlos Santana is great for cardio.

Former castleva
06-07-2002, 01:40 AM
I prefer R.E.M
Or soundtracks,like "Batman returns":

Khun Kao Charuad
06-07-2002, 07:39 AM
Lords of Acid

Ministry "The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste" (other albums of theirs don't *quite* have the right beat)

Nitzer Ebb

Killer Instinct (Soundtrack from the video game. The CD used to come with the Super Nintendo cartridge of the game)

KC Elbows
06-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Be forewarned: Floyd, while a great band, will only drive your class to suicide.

Try some enya.

TenTigers
06-07-2002, 04:23 PM
prodigy, crystal method, chemical brothers, godsmack, and theres also a house remix of white zombie called super sexy swinging singles, Joe Satriani-engines of creation has alot of good tunes-someof these are too "hardcore' for the older crowd, but they get you crankin on the floor-we use these during our regular classes-yeah, picture a traditional mo-gwoon, with this muzik!

Kungfu boy
06-07-2002, 06:39 PM
I used to work in a music store and sold alot of stuff to the local cardio kickbox guys. Techno was good, but all of them bought the mortal kombat soundtrack, which is mainly techno as well. It just really kicks butt dude.

Persoanlly Kill'em All by Metallica gets me going. I tried getting my teacher to play it but he wouldn't, I think he's scared to. If he did I'd lay out everybody I work with. Nothing like evil/angry music to kick butt to!

NYerRoman
06-08-2002, 12:34 AM
Khun Kao,
You are a man after my own tastes. Ministry and Nitzer Ebb are two bands I have trained to for the last 12 years.

Twitch by MINISTRY is what has got me going though.

Mr Punch
06-08-2002, 12:51 AM
Yessiree! I'm with the men from the Ministry!

Also, when I wanna get heavy Nitzer Ebb, Einsturzende Neubaten, Revolting ****s, alas have no KMFDM over here... For old skool punx, can't beat a bit of DKs, or later Lard, and for really old skool, SLF 'Inflammable Material'.

Techno kix ass too: esp Prodigy, Chemical Brothers (especially that old one Live at the Social with those cool funk remixes)... For an upbeat light-hearted, yet still ass-kickin workout I'd go with Propellerheads or Yoji Biomehanika; more chilled, the first Groove Armada or any reggae esp Bob or LKJ; when I'm working through problems, shadowboxing or generally freestyling it's usually Roni Size, Freaky Flow, or of course: One Inch Punch ;)

A couple of movie soundtracks do it for me, namely 'Spawn' (movie sucked mind!) and 'Romeo and Juliet' (there's something really surreal about kungfu to Kim Mazelle) and I wanna get hold of 'Blade 2'.

Oh, and occasionally I'll go for Carmina Burana or Beethoven's 5th.

Gabriel
06-08-2002, 03:28 AM
Heh, alot of you will laugh, but we use the Wong Fei Hung theme song from OUTIC alot. :p

DelicateSound
06-08-2002, 01:27 PM
*Public Domain - Operation Blade. [theme from Blade I]
*Propellerheads - Spybreak! (Short One) [Matrix shootout scene]
*Rob Zombie - Dragula
*Pink Floyd - Run Like Hell
*Oasis - Bring It on Down
*Feeder - Buck Rogers
*Yes - Heart of the Sunrise [first 5 mins]
*Prodigy - Mindfields
*Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
*Lostprophets - Shinobi Vs. Dragon Ninja

:D

Khun Kao Charuad
06-08-2002, 02:04 PM
We've all been suggesting lively, but heavy music. But I have some alternate suggestions. These are all bands or music styles that have an active beat, but aren't as heavy...

1. Cherry Poppin Daddy's

2. Squirrel Nut Zippers

3. Any lively Swing Music, for that matter

4. Mambo/Samba music

5. Blues (has to have a lively beat)

6. Frank Sinatra (& other Rat Pack members music)

7. Bad Brains Omega Sessions EP (hard to get early material, but very good for a workout)

8. Bluesy-style of Jazz

9. Godflesh "Streetcleaner" and other later material. (you have to be careful cause some of their music is too slow)

10. Doo-Wop music

11. Pro-Pain

Again, these are all alternative music styles for those who want an active/lively beat, but don't like the heavy stuff (with the exception of the Godflesh & Pro-Pain suggestions, that is)

Khun Kao