PDA

View Full Version : the best technique you ever pulled off.

lungshihpo
06-06-2002, 08:31 PM
what is the best move you ever have pulled off in a real fight.

mine was a dragon sweep to a pretty big guy,his legs went higher than his head,his legs fell right into a ankle lock,which left my legs free down toward his head,soI began to throw ax kicks and heel thrusts at his chin and face,so tell me yours ,would like to hear about good technique pulled off in a street fight or any kind of confrontation.

stoli
06-07-2002, 07:55 AM
"What is the best move you ever have pulled off in a real fight"

Any one that meant I left in one piece. Even if it was running.

Boffo
06-07-2002, 09:29 PM
My best technique was when I still was a brown belt. I was paired off to spar with a third degree black belt who was noted for his sparring skills. He let me chase him for a bit, and I tried using muay thai style strikes but he kept too far for me to be effective. So I launched a barrage of spinning and leaping kicks. That I did for a minute or so as he ducvked and dodged. Then he caught me with a powerful back kick that stopped me.

And I was terribly out of breath and terribly dizzy from all that attacking I had just done. I was staggering since the world was swaying from all my spinning stuff.

I suddenly thought of Jackie Chan's Drunken Master movies. Since I was so dizzy and could barely see my opponent, defense simply wasn't going to happen. I needed to attack some more! And I tried Drunken Style Kung Fu from the movies!

So, I leaned towards where I thought my opponent was with a jab. I brought up my back leg and stretched out far. He started a spinning back hook kick designed to take off my head. I jerked myself back and leaned far back while lifting up my back leg for a front stomp kick.

KERPOW!

I nailed my opponent in the face with my stomp. His kick missed me completely! He went right off his feet and rolled across the floor until he stopped and lay stunned for a bit. I staggered a bit and tried to keep my lunch down.

Since that day I have used this technique to great effect. The first time it works like a charm, but after that people get wary.

The Willow Sword
06-10-2002, 11:37 AM
when i was 18 i was walking back home and cut through the park(this was in the morning) some guy tried to rob me at knife point.
he asked me for money and i told him to get a Freakin job. he proceeded to slash down at an angle at my face, my hand caught the blade as i went up to block( i have a small scar now to mark the event) as he slashed down and i caught the blade with my hand i quickly grabbed his wrist and moved his arm away from me and he went down to i guess tackle me. the gods were with me for his head slipped right into my other arm as i clenched down on his neck and i just fell back wards and slammed his head in to the concrete. he was out cold and i got up and ran home bleeding all the way. it was on of the scraiest moments of my life, and i am glad that all i got was a cut hand. i never saw this guy again and i never bothered to go back to the park that day or call the police, suffice it to say that ALL DARN DAY my adrenaline was up and i was a basket case .

Many Respects,,,, The willow sword

MonkeySlap Too
06-11-2002, 01:18 PM
Hey Willow, I can top that.

When I lived in Chicago, I was walking home from a successful evening out carosing. I decided to cut through what I later discovered was a housing project.

A guy approached me, asking for a cigarette. When he got close he pulled a knife and demanded my money.

I said "Hey that's a really cool knife, can I see that?"

AND HE GAVE IT TO ME.

Ah, bless the gods of sincerity. Needless to say, he realized his error when I did not just hold the knife, but pulled a few flourishes to 'try' the blade. I never saw anyone haul ass like that before.

Ah, mouth fu. Always victorious over mere strength and skill.

Stacey
06-11-2002, 06:03 PM
One time at the country club there was this black kid by a golf course, so I knew something wasn't right, I got my nine iron out and went to investigate........

Ok seriously, I was fighting this guy once he jumped on my neck to meI did the ol'e ogoshi, and karate chopped him in the chest.

Then I grabbed a mop handle off a porch and figure eighted it to keep the other kid at bay.

another time, I was on a hill and had recently read an aikido book, did an arm bar with turning (it was on a steep hill with a ledge and let him drop.) It stunned him pretty well, but I followed him down, hugged his arm to by chest as I sat on his back and punched him in the back of the head lightly with my free hand, he knew I had won, so that was it.

Mr Punch
06-12-2002, 03:52 AM
1) I used a basic (aiki but it could have been many things) sidestep, causing the padlock on the chain that my attacker was swinging towards my head whack into his shins. It made a really really horrible dull thud... Unfortunately he and his mate then proceeded to take my money... but I got out unscathed and he was walking with a limp!

That was way back near the beginning of my training, in my youth. Nowadays of course, I usually backflip before a devastating seven hit combo.:rolleyes:

2) In the middle of free sparring one day, another of my sparring partners surprise bear-hugged me. This is a big biker, 6 3 and built, and he picked me off the ground fairly easily. I dropped my weight completely and somehow managed to make contact with the ground again, then bowed, rolling forward, onto HIS shoulder, onto my first opponent's feet. We landed in a big heap, but I was first to my feet...

I don't know who was most surprised but it gave me faith in the principles of making yourself heavy, and rooting.

3) (not in a fight situation but never mind) Fell on my ass walking down a steep icy road. Perfect unthinking ushiro-ukemi with head height kick to give me the momentum to get back up the hill! Round of applause, gasps and cheering from the tough wee street kids who saw it! They then asked me to teach them, and promptly ran away when I said 'come on then!'

Mr Punch
06-12-2002, 03:54 AM
The rest were short bloody and horrible.

Monkeyslap you're a lucky b!:D

Muramasa
06-12-2002, 12:17 PM
Kung Fu isn't always the best choice. In reality, sometimes you have to try Run Fu. =)

Former castleva
06-13-2002, 01:46 AM
Muramasa,
I agree,to a point.
Gung-fu is used when run-fu is not allowed before using kung-fu.At modern times,one may have to use gun-fu.
;)

Kristoffer
06-13-2002, 02:27 PM
blablabla :rolleyes: