PDA

View Full Version : Using a backbag (or related item) for training-running etc.

Former castleva
06-07-2002, 02:22 AM
Any experiences to share?
Talking about training using weights to increase resistance and toughen the exercise.
Like running or walking with a heavy backbag.

:confused:
Any response will be respectfully looked at.

tengu
06-07-2002, 06:48 AM
I can sincerely recommend running with a heavy backpack or rucksack. Especially when you´re running in hilly or uneven terrain, the extra weight can add a touch of the anaerobic to your roadwork. Do sprints uphill, and you´ll really be feeling it.

The probelms to watch out for are:
1. Chafing of the skin. This can be remedied by investing in a backpack that fits really snugly onto your back, with a strap (or straps) to go around your torso. An air-flow system also helps to prevents the chafing of the sweaty skin.
2. Tension in the shoulders. All about awareness; with practice your shoulders will roll smoothly with your running, no matter how much weight you are carrying.
3. Bad posture. Awareness, again. Also, you should pack your load so that the weight is horizontally even, while vertically there should be more weight at the top.

Now that it´s summertime, it´s nice to load one´s backpack with beer, and run to the beach and jump in the cooling waves. Only thing, the beers will be pretty shaken up, so open them carefully!

Former castleva
06-07-2002, 11:44 AM
Kiitoksia hyvin paljon.:)

fa_jing
06-07-2002, 01:02 PM
NO WAY. :) That would bring back memories of Elementary School, with restricted locker access, hot days where they didn't turn the heat off, carry around a sh!tload of books all day, learning virtually nothing, then walking my ass home with the same blasted pack.

-FJ

Former castleva
06-08-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by fa_jing
NO WAY. :) That would bring back memories of Elementary School, with restricted locker access, hot days where they didn't turn the heat off, carry around a sh!tload of books all day, learning virtually nothing, then walking my ass home with the same blasted pack.

-FJ
hahaha.
Hopefully it was worthy.
Thanks.