PDA

View Full Version : What would you have done ?

prana
06-08-2002, 05:06 PM
I would like to know what you would do, thanks.

The situation :
You were driving along a car you just picked up, brand spanking new (brothers car). You are driving along with your brother in the backseat and your girlfriend and his girlfriend.

You are stopped in traffic. A guy runs up to your car, maybe 5 foot tall (errr short buggah). He is furious and crazy, and screams "wtf u looking at ?". With him ,2 girls and a guy. Obviously trying to impress the girls, he has done lost his humanity. So in reply, you say "An Ugly mug" just out of fun and habit.

He says "You talking to me?" and puts a punch and hurts nothing more than his fist in your windscreen and wants to begin a fight.

What would you do ?

1. Drive away furious at what just happened.
2. Park the car, get down and break his arm ?
3. Call the Police, get to the scene and arrest him for property assault.
4. Other

:(

Xebsball
06-08-2002, 05:50 PM
Hey prana did that happen to you or people you know?

Answering your question:
- Well if there was space id drive fast as soon as he punched assuming he didnt also point a gun or anything
- If the traffic is jamed or something and i cant get out id send one of the peeps (probly one of the women, the other dude stays to help but thats relative...) to call the cops while i handle the ******* with words, if words dont work i use the dark side.
But that depends too, if traffic is jamed and i have a cell phone i call cops imediately even before getting out of the car.

friday
06-08-2002, 06:03 PM
hmmm

anyway i'm not 100% sure but i recall something in a news report in which the advice given was:

Stay in the car.
try to calm the guy down (so uhh no more ugly mug responses)

call the police

at the end of the day its a car window busted, which didnt even really have to happen at the time. i think if u lose your cool open the car door something might happen it really depends on how good u are, how much damage to the guy u are going to do etc. i personally don't think its worth it. depending on what happens after u get out of the car, u might get busted yourself legally :)

Xebsball
06-08-2002, 06:03 PM
Complementing my post...

That what i wrote would be the logical choice of me, i dunno at the heat of the assault i could act diferent.

Ka
06-08-2002, 06:11 PM
Wasn't just 2 months ago now that a gent got stabbed "up to 30 times" after he had words at a passing car.They pulled over got out and assualted the gent in front of his partner.Trully a troubled world when in Australia(certianly one of the more luckly cities in terms of lifestlye) you have volience over Bravado.

I say drive on,no big deal,sounds like just another youngster coming to terms with his hormones.

prana
06-08-2002, 06:20 PM
Thanks guys , glad to hear your thoguhts

dragontounge2
06-08-2002, 06:31 PM
Pullout the shotgun from under my seat and pump round after round into his limp body.:eek: J/k

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzflick em off and drive away.

Ryu
06-08-2002, 10:34 PM
;) I would never say "an ugly mug" so I probably would have a different kind of situation. However if he got mad and wanted to fight, I'd probably just smile and reply "no you're too tough" and drive away.

If he followed me.....then we might have a problem, but I'd probably go to a police station first then trying to be Rambo.

Ryu

Crimson Phoenix
06-09-2002, 03:35 AM
Just give him a big ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and show your teeth...it works pretty well, since the outcome can only be twofold: the guy will be so surprised he will stop his stuff...or you're in for a good kungfu fighting heheheheh
The wisest decision is probably to wave at him and drive by (no, not the Uzi type of drive-by hehehe)

Former castleva
06-09-2002, 10:52 AM
Dear prana (chi)
A very unique story,I can hardly stop laughing at that "an ugly mug" response and irony of the situation.:D ;) :) (And if this actually took place in real world,then it´s another case.If happened to people you know or you etc. I´m sorry and hope things work out,not knowing what exactly happened)
And...well...responses then...
I would NOT say "an ugly mug",you would just **** him off/make him more angry.
I would try to fix my gaze and ignore him,which probably works,if he has some minimal dignity.
Now I´m not sure if you mean "runs up to your car" means he is actually "up" on your car,in front of it,or only at side.
If he is not blocking your way,you can simply start your engine and drive away.
If not,you can politely tell him to leave.
If it does not work...
You can again start your engine (if it is not running already) and gently add some force and possibly speed up veeery slowly.This should make him leave.
Or you can simply drive so he has two choises:1.leave quickly. 2.Enjoy the ride/flight (if it´s this choise,you can drive fast and make sure everyone has seatbelts on,and then suddenly put the brakes on,and see how he is leaving the scene with powerful and fast motion;) )
If he is trying to break your windscreen or related action,I´d consider it as a serious threat,and choise 2 COULD come to play.
If threat has not gone into this level,you can also use YOUR choise 3-tell him you will call the cops if he does not leave.

If possible,one should try to make sure all the others would remain unharmed,if possible,as if there are other people around who could help,try to send them away from the scene and then they and civilians may get further help (also supposing that you actually used offensive language towards him,possibly part causing the conflict,which may not necessarily be the case,as he (attacker) started it)
Cops (again):Police forces would be great so there would be no more need for heroics as long as you do your best to handle the situation.

If you can drive away,drive away (possibly frightened,but don´t silence yourself about it) When you get away,let law know about it and what took place,also talk with your trusted relatives,friends,who-can-help etc.
Could cause serious mental problems afterwards,so warm help shall be given.
And others gave good information too.
This is all I can think of now,so here you are.
:)

Royal Dragon
06-09-2002, 05:42 PM
She was alone in the car, and pulled a .45 replica and aimed at the offender, who ran like hell white as a ghoast. She was comming home from her Kempo class and had just spent the better part of the night working Gun defenses with it.
The only dammage was small ding like dents in her car from him throwing coins prior to her brandishing the .45 replica (This thing loooks REAL and is weighted as a real Colt .45 to boot)

I had an inncedent once too, and I made like I was a psyco killer and turned the tables on him. I said nothing, but acted like I was Violent, Thirsty and eager to tear him appart. It was a situation where I was locked in traffic, coudn't go anywhere and really needed to be psyced for a fight, so in part, I was preparring myself for the worst. He apparently saw something in my eyes that put the fear of God into him and backed down got back in his car and then turned to get away from me. My daughter who was in the car with me said I looked possesed and I scared her a bit. She later laughed at the way the guy took off though.

Two situations, both solved by intimidation tactics. No shots fired.:cool:

Shadow Dragon
06-09-2002, 05:48 PM
I would smile at him and drive off.

You got 2 women in the Car and it is best to get them to safety first.
Trip to the Cops is optional after that, phonecall might do as well.

I don't care how big and tough a MF you are and how many Guys you can take on.
First rule is to secure safety of non-combatants, and that should be part of any good & solid MA training.

MA is not only about hitting and being big and tough.

Peace.

Tiger_Yin
06-09-2002, 07:26 PM
*flips a coin*

bro, if it's head, u take him... if it's tails, he's mine :D that is the most probable outcome of me my brother and our gf's getting harrased for a fight ;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-09-2002, 07:31 PM
i like what my old sifu art east did in a similar situation. he was driving through a bad neighborhood in his brand new car (he works as a physical theripist as well) and three big black guys strutted up in his path and started talking sh!t. he calmly put down the window and told them they had to the count of three to move. they of course didn't believe he'd really run them over and kept talking sh!t. he counted down and on one he slammed it in neutral and hit the gas to the floor. they scattered like litle *****es and he cruised on by.