PDA

View Full Version : CLF Chueng Kuen

TenTigers
06-10-2002, 04:08 PM
This is a set that my Sifu never taught, but as it is considered to be one of the original sets, I am interested in it. Are ther any sources,books, videos, where I can see it? I have Leo Fong's book, which shows his version of it. It is supposedly Hung-Sing, but does not resemble the Hung-Sing that I was taught. My Sifu learned CLF from the Ho Ngau lineage. Is this form correct? Is it in its entirety? Does anyone know the source of this version?

Fu-Pow
06-10-2002, 04:44 PM
I've seen Doc Fai Wong's version and it seems that this form doesn't really incorporate the 5 animals hand technique. It seems to be mostly closed fist techniques.

Eddie
06-10-2002, 11:48 PM
Hi Ten Tigers,

There was a post with allot off info on this Cheung Keun on this list last year. If I'm not mistaken, that was one of the posts that started the arguements about clf lineage.

Im trying to remember the names of the contributors, but if I'm not mistaken the people who had very good info on the form were from the hung sing clf school hungsing.com . The all seem to be very friendly and very helpful, so maybe you can try e-mail someone there.

I also read the book by master Fong. His CLF seems different, but even so, it still seems pretty good. I recently read a book called letter from the dragon by Bruce Lee, and in that book he refers allot to master fong, and there were many letters to and from master fong.