PDA

View Full Version : BJJISTHEBEST enlighten us with you Wisdom....

dre_doggX
06-10-2002, 07:26 PM
Iam sorry I felt that every one wondering on my forum should see this. so this isnt just for are Sage here, but anyone who thinks of coming with similar comments, I figure I should write in once (But I will probably write this again.)

BJJJISTHEBEST You are on some.

talking all that junk( about Kungfu being impratical_

You said "the only real sports out there are bjj boxing and muay thai" will guess what GiJoke, BJJ and espeacial Muay Thai are merely descendants of Kungfu,

infact Muay Thai, the early ones is believed to based on southern shaolin boxing orignal, instuctors in the States will talk about 60 main techiques,

but really they are over 100(I think 180) I read this in Muay Thai Mag. but the reason not too many people hear about them is because, they come from martial art and NOT SPORT. (referring to what you said the only "REAL SPORTS". and know what before there was BJJ there was just JJ and most Japanese Jujustu people credit a Shaolin Monk for teaching Kungfu to the three Ronin(Masterless Samauri) who are credited for Jujutsu. The kungfu had to be adapted cause Samurais, wear very heavy armor, and use weapons, so locks, throw, anda "grappling" of Kungfu was more useful the Kicking and punching of Kungfu, this was Jujutsu( in short, not limited to) but guess what IT WAS STILL KUNGFU.

Study alittle or ask, if you dont know, before making such comments. ask if Kungfu is practicall and how,

agrue, thats cool

then if no one on this forum can give you answers, go to a school
then maybe your opinon would hold alitte more weight,

the UFC

THE UFC is sport but guess what KUNGFU IS MARTIAL ART, there is a difference, between the two.

Mauy Thai was once a battle feild art and is still taught by some that way in some places.

BJJISTHEBEST
06-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Look history doesn't mean nothing to me and i am not going to take back my comments whether you like it or not the truth is that even though bjj and muay thai might have kung fu origins that still makes them the only real arts out there or better yet the most effective arts out their why because it is practical.
It effectiveness has been demonstarted in events such as the ufc and pride kotc and mma events if you kung fu practicioners think that you can never be taken to the gorund think again.
I get people commenting on how BJJ would do against multiple oppoenets and i qgree BJJ is not that effective against multiple opponents but is wing chun cho lay fut or pa kua any more effective than BJJ against multiple opponents, i dont think so anmd serioulsy do you really believe in all that fancy stuff originating from shaolin like the crane praying mantis and all that i believe one of the most effective kung fu styles base their effectiveness on simplicity same thing with BJJ i believe every one should learn BJJ if they are taking up martials arts even if its just for 6 months because one can become very proficient at it in that time and that is because of it simplicity.
My original thread about the impracticality of kung fu was meant to enlighten people about the ineffectiveness of all this fancy stuff i am a firm believer in simplicity and taking a jeet kune do approach to things take whats effective and disregard the rest and i just believe that Bjj put togeteher with boxing and muay thai are the most simplistic martial arts out there thus making them the most effective and that is the truth no one can deny.

Shadow Dragon
06-10-2002, 07:53 PM
YYAAAWWWNNNNN!!!

I guess you studied all the styles you are slamming, and talking from experience??

If not you are just blowing hot air out of the posterior.
Talk after having experienced, not before.

BTW, when is YOUR next fight in the RING, will it be broadcast on telly??

Seeya, oh funny one.

Stacey
06-10-2002, 07:57 PM
quote-history doensn't mean nothing to me.

I stopped reading after this. He's a moron folks.

History doesn't mean ANYTHING to him, yet he refers to UFC's? If its not now...it is history.

If you insist on using double negatives, many people, including myself will insist on blowing you off.

Brad Souders
06-10-2002, 08:46 PM
I suppose pankrantion has come from Kung Fu also.
The only thing that JJJ and BJJ have in common is that they have Jiu-Jitsu in their name.
By the way before anyone asks yes i have at least a little training in it if i didn't i wouldn't talk about it. If its a martial art chances are if i have heard about it somewhere i've done my homework on it. If nothing else to at least to find its strenghts and weaknesses. I know what am i thinking always trying to be ready. :cool:

PHILBERT
06-10-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Brad Souders
The only thing that JJJ and BJJ have in common is that they have Jiu-Jitsu in their name.

Actually it goes JuJutsu>Judo>Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. BJJ originated from Judo which came from Japanese JuJutsu.

Shadow Dragon
06-10-2002, 09:04 PM
And for what it is worth.

"Jitsu" is a different word than "Jutsu" in Japanese, and has a complete different meaning.

Correct one is "Jutsu".

Have fun Guys.

Brad Souders
06-10-2002, 09:09 PM
Yes i've heard the this jjj guy taught this judo guy then this judo guy taught Gracie.

Shadow Dragon
06-10-2002, 09:15 PM
Acutally Kano-Sensei was a Ju-Jutsu stylist who than developed "Judo" for sports/competition sake.

BTW, in Japan there is usually NO diference betwen -jutsu and -do arts.
Those terms are used to refer to different aspect of the same art.

Maeda Sensei was both a Judo and Ju-jutsu champion but prefered newaza.

But, I know that you all knew that.

Seeya.

Volcano Admim
06-10-2002, 09:23 PM
lol at pankration

pankration is just a baby kid from primitive cave jitsu. when a caveman hit another one with a rock and the others learn and start following that pattern!

we playing little kids game now? huh?
my dad is a police officer and your dad sells tacos!
my granpa is older than your granpa!

LiteBlu
06-11-2002, 04:28 AM
LOL @ Volcano admim.

Volcano admim please stop talking out of your ass about subjects you know nothing about, like pankration.

In ancient Greece the most popular olympics sports were:

- Boxing

- Wrestling

- Pankration

And the most popular and prestigious of all the combat sports was pankration. The most sophisticated of the ancient combat sports, pankratists fought using anything they can do with their bare hands (except for biting and eye gouging) to overcome their opponents.

For more information on pankration please refer to:

http://www.channel1.com/pankration/history/

hughes
06-11-2002, 04:35 AM
Fighting is fighting it doesn't matter where it came from, BJJ is one helluva sport and it adapted itself for tournaments, but for tournaments with only two rules, only rules being no biting and no eye gouging - i know this seems like im going off at a tangent but these are barely even last resort moves, they are just girly moves. Im sure there a hundreds of kung fu practitioners that could woop ass in NHB, but they feel they can't learn to sprawl or escape subs because it is a break from tradition, this stigma stops kung fu from flourishing. Even if they just sparred with practitioners outside their art they would - in some cases, own their weight division, but, if NHB is no interest to them then thats fine - but until someone does, the pre-judging of many styles of arts will continue.

LiteBlu
06-11-2002, 04:43 AM
Hughes is correct

scotty1
06-11-2002, 04:51 AM
Liteblu is correct about Hughes being correct.

****** Hughes get your reasonable arguments off this forum before I report you to a moderator.

ged
06-11-2002, 04:58 AM
bjjisthebest, im writing in the vague hope that you'll read this.

it seems to me that you sincerely believe that BJJ is the best street fighting art there is. i, sincerely believe that if a BJJ artist can take someone down who has no idea how to fight on the ground then that person is ****ed. but.

i wish i could show you my sifu in action, or any of my disihengs (that means kinda like big brother). they utterly, completely and totally (3 words mean the same thing..... umm alliteration? ) demolish any punch that is within their circle of defence. any punch, however fast you throw it, however quickly you throw it in relation to your other punches whatever.
now. one of our jongs ( a drill that you perform over and over until it becomes second nature) is defending against a takedown.

imagine the reflex time needed against a lightning fast jab. now imagine the reflex time needed to defend against a takedown.

me myself, im not too condfident that i could defend against a skilled grappler. maybe thats all you're looking for. but if you're looking for logic that says that a BJJ artist can easily defeat any kung fu artist ever.... please, get out there and spar more... stop reading biased opinions of 3 month old BJJ artists.

good luck in your MA career.

Sho
06-11-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Shadow Dragon
"Jitsu" is a different word than "Jutsu" in Japanese, and has a complete different meaning.

Correct one is "Jutsu".

Have fun Guys. Exactly. I have no clue why people use jitsu, even in official names such as Gracie Jiu-Jitsu or something like that. Probaby because it's easier for Americans to pronounce. The correct spelling is jujutsu. Jitsu means reality and is the onyomi pronounciation/spelling for day.

Merryprankster
06-11-2002, 07:00 AM
spelling isn't a big concern. They brought it to the US, it became Gracie or Brazilian Jiujitsu, and that's the way it's stayed.

Just one of those things--who cares?

BTW, if BJJISTHEBEST is a purple belt, then I'm a Shaolin Monk.

BJJISTHEBEST:

Where do you train?
What association are you part of?
Who is your instructor?

Can I count on seeing you at one of the next NAGA or Grappler's Quest Tournaments?

scotty1
06-11-2002, 07:18 AM
Go Merry!!

Woo! Woo!

chingei
06-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by ged

i wish i could show you my sifu in action, or any of my disihengs (that means kinda like big brother). they utterly, completely and totally (3 words mean the same thing..... umm alliteration? ) demolish any punch that is within their circle of defence. any punch, however fast you throw it, however quickly you throw it in relation to your other punches whatever.

so, he's a millionaire then?

chingei
06-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by ged

imagine the reflex time needed against a lightning fast jab. now imagine the reflex time needed to defend against a takedown.

imagine an apple. now
imagine an orange

The Willow Sword
06-11-2002, 11:07 AM
I am not gonna slam ya on this one. but we see that there are alot of CMA practitioners out there that take offense to your comments. ego driven as they are there is alot of validity to what you are saying. i will support the fact that practicality in martial arts is a must. a lot of fancy mess is not going to get anyone anywhere with anything when it comes to straight up fighting and survival. i think what we as cma practitioners miss out on is that what we do is alot of thoery and controlled sparring. now that is not to say that all cma schools do this. i have seen some that train pretty hard for the fight and they do well.
muy thai has its roots as does all the hybrid styles have thier roots in CMA, and true BJJ is very effective,,we have seen it in UFC and in other relms.
i understand where alot of cma guys get ****ed because they see a style that is so simplistic and from outward appearances looks like it takes no more brain power than that of a gnat to execute and do effectively ,,haha and here we are doing all this complicated stuff that we will probably never ever use.
the point that i am making to you is this bjjisthebest. no matter what style you do and no matter how great you think it is, there is always that slip betwenst a cup and a lip that will prevail over your great art. and its not because of the art at all,,its the person that puts the art behind him rather than in front of him.

i personally like all the complicated moves and training for it shapes me and makes me a better martial artist, BUT i do love the simplicity that comes with hsingi and internal arts that focus on one thing. and that is the simplest way to end something quickly.

Many Respects to ALL Bjj guys and CMA guys,,,The Willow Sword

ged
06-11-2002, 04:47 PM
:D well he drives a porsche, does that count?

Volcano Admim
06-11-2002, 05:03 PM
Well, LiteBlu, who seems to have severe eye problem - cant read my writting - doesnt understand if prankation doesnt work its inefective as i see on regular basis.

I know who you are Luke Bensons from Australia, the country that steal Brazils color of sports clothes but never is as good as is the original - green and yellow. Thank dear lord you didnt steal my countries colors - blue and white.

You think prankation is great you obviously dont live in a tough neighbourhood. I dont even know why you rich train martial art, you are shame.

LiteBlu
06-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Volcano Admim - "You think prankation is great you obviously dont live in a tough neighbourhood. I dont even know why you rich train martial art, you are shame."

LOL! **** bro, can't argue with your logic there! LMFAO @ you!

Volcano Admim - "Well, LiteBlu, who seems to have severe eye problem - cant read my writting - doesnt understand if prankation doesnt work its inefective as i see on regular basis."

LOL @ you again! Pankration is virtually MMA, and we all know how "ineffective" MMA really is, don't we? Silly, silly NHB! LOL!

Volcano Admim - "I know who you are Luke Bensons from Australia, the country that steal Brazils color of sports clothes but never is as good as is the original - green and yellow. Thank dear lord you didnt steal my countries colors - blue and white. "

LMFAO @ Volcano Admim!