PDA

View Full Version : Song style xing Yi

zipper
06-11-2002, 12:12 AM
Who out there is doing this style or knows of someone.?

Eight_Triagram_Boxer
06-11-2002, 09:34 AM
Zipper,
My teacher is currently teaching this style. I really focus on Bagua but I was in a class and my teacher talks about Xing-I often. My classmate actually knows more about this and perhaps she will respond to your post as well. If not I'll let her know.

Is there something specific you'd like to know?

~ETB

cherrypraxis
06-11-2002, 12:34 PM
hey ETB--i'm no expert! :)

____

hey zipper,

as my school brother said, i'm learning song style xing-yi. is there anything specific you wish to know? i have only started and i'm not the best source person for this but i will try my best to respond to your queries...

-cherry

zipper
06-12-2002, 12:37 AM
:) Hi, The reason I ask is that I have seen and read alot about Hebei Xing Yi and there masters,But This is a Shanxi Style? and I have not heard of them or there family or style, would be good to hear about them and the style and family tales.

Thank You.

Eight_Triagram_Boxer
06-12-2002, 04:26 AM
Yes, it is a Shan Xi style. You can find some information about Song style on the empty flower site. The url is, www.emptyflower.com

cherrypraxis
06-12-2002, 09:55 AM
Hi Zipper,

As my school brother said, Song style Xingyi is a Shanxi style. Of the three kinds, the more popular ones are Hebei and Henan styles. Shanxi styles are rare so much so that it has almost died out because of secrecy.

I have one story that was shared in class when we first started the xingyi walking. Mr. Chan said that one of the eight brothers (i'm not sure which one) used to walk 20 miles a day to go to his xingyi school and back--10 miles before his class and 10 miles after when he went home.

-Cherry