PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson should he go on boxing?

roughnready
06-11-2002, 03:15 AM
Iwas thinking how many of you saw the Tyson fight? do you think that he can still come back and make it as a boxer or should he just give it up?

Starchaser107
06-11-2002, 03:40 AM
Tyson is why alot of us started watching boxing in the first place..It's strange though, because as life would have it, I was rooting for Lewis in this fight.
My freind rightly said, "remember when he was invincible"
Now the ear biting man killer has been sedated in what many describe to be a one sided fight. turning him into a cheek rubbing compliment giving patsy.
Should he keep on fighting..sure why not..he did't stop fighting after the crushing upset by buster douglas, why should he stop now that lewis beat him no contest.
Life is about winning and losing. we need both.

guohuen
06-11-2002, 06:38 AM
NO!!! He should get his orange vest and red stop sign and stand on the side of the highway which is what he is qualified to do.:mad:

scotty1
06-11-2002, 07:20 AM
I think he should do whatever he wants to do. He's supposed to need the money, and I feel sorry for him now, although I didn't like him at all before the fight. I just don't think he's right in the head. Apparently he's a manic depressive.

Cranestyle
06-11-2002, 07:38 AM
No reason why he shouldn't keep on fighting, i just don't think that he should automatically be considered the No.1 contender that keeps getting title shots just because of his early career and image. He should have to prove his form and work his way back up.

Kristoffer
06-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Let the man box

brothernumber9
06-11-2002, 12:39 PM
If i were him I would definitely keep on fighting, he lost to lewis yes and unless he gets rid of every single person around him, gets his old trainer Rooney back, and decides to become a student of the science again, then he will never beat Lewis outside of an extremely lucky punch,

however, outside of Lewis Tyson still has an excellent chance of beating any other heavyweight including holyfield. He should take a couple more "warm ups" against some heavyweights that have notariety to their name, like rahman, tua, ruiz, Mccall, and then go on to beat someone a grade up or that is building a name like holyfield or perhaps klitchko or bird. Then I think he would have earned an outright shot again.
and if that doesn't work there's always pro wrestling, or tough man competitions.

Now that he's been beaten worse than anyone has beat him it will be interesting to see what his future entails

roughnready
06-11-2002, 09:41 PM
do you really think that tyson was sedated on drugs before the fight took place? wow i never thought of that,it sounds interesting

scotty1
06-12-2002, 03:12 AM
meds for his mental illness is one guess.

Can-O-Bud
06-12-2002, 06:05 AM
I personally found it very sad that Mike lost in the way that he did.

I also think that he has had a very hard life and is probably greatly misunderstood by the world.

***Please note at this point that I am NOT condoning rape or any other of his bad points***

Look at what he has had to go through. The whole world treats him like a circus freak show. The press wind him up just to get a reaction, so they can sell more papers and get more money.

He has few real friends. People fire advice at him from all angles. This has been going on for so many years that he probably doesn't even know his own mind. How would YOU react to this barage of abuse??

I hope for the sake of his health that he stops boxing now. It would be terrible to see him carry on and become another Mohammed Ali.

On the subject of him being misunderstood, there was a story I heard about Mike once....

He used to keep Pigeons. One day some boy found his pigeons and killed a few of them for no reason other than complete badness. So Mike finds out who did and goes and gets the guy. He beat the living crap out of the guy.

Now if you want my honest opinion, he was totally justified in beating the guy up. Hell, I'd do the same!! What gives someone the right to harm defenseless animals??

Anyway, here's hoping that he sees the light and stops now.

brothernumber9
06-12-2002, 06:34 AM
Muhammed Ali has Parkinsons, one doesn't get parkinsons from boxing.

Former castleva
06-12-2002, 07:02 AM
brothernumber9,
I´ve got the idea that it was there in his genetics (which supports your idea)
But I´ve also read that boxing career can/could have had influence on that.Respectfully,FC.

Budokan
06-13-2002, 12:14 PM
Despite his poor performace Tyson is still the biggest draw boxing has. His 'freak factor' sells a lot of tickets and generates a lot of revenue. Boxing would be poorer if he quit now; there's still lots of children to eat and testicles to stomp on...assuming he can stay out of jail long enough.