PDA

View Full Version : From Controversy to Wing Chun

red5angel
06-11-2002, 06:23 AM
Ok, enough controversy already, lets talk about wingchun! If you guys have questions or want to heckle me or what ever just pm me and you can talk all you want about what you like or dislike about my opinions. I wont apologize for them, I have them for reasons of my own.

Now, on to wing chun, since it has come up and I seem to be pushing it as one of my 'secret' agendas, what do you think are th foundations of your wing chun? From a personal point of view, from a lineage point of view, from a training point of view, what do you think your wingchun canot do without?

Roy D. Anthony
06-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Oh Man where do I start?
well there's this....oh no that's a Secret. Sorry!
then there's the....oh no that's a secret too!
well there's but noooooo that also a Secret!
Oh well too many secret's in WIng Chun!
Hope this helps!!!
LOL

red5angel
06-12-2002, 07:05 AM
LOL! Jeeze your in Toronto too! I thin I am going to have to find my way up there at some point just to visit with all you guys!

reneritchie
06-12-2002, 08:00 AM
r5a - Nice topic. For my system, I think the foundations involved many things, but among the ones that stick out are relaxation, softness, alignment, and spiralling power.

RR

red5angel
06-12-2002, 08:11 AM
Renee, when you find the time would you go into what these things mean as best you can? Some people aproach these differently then others. For instance while the first three are definitely stressed with us, the spiralling power, although addressed doesnt come up a whole lot. I have a feeling we use it but maybe refer to it differently, and may not stress it as much as you school.

Roy D. Anthony
06-12-2002, 01:48 PM
Hey Red.....always welcome!!!

red5angel
06-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Hey Roy, thanks man, I will definitely let you know when I am going to be in the are and will have to stop by to visit your school!

Roy D. Anthony
06-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Hi Empty Cup...give me a call!!!

Same for you Red5....my number is 416-410-0933