PDA

View Full Version : Are steroids frequently used in the Martial Arts world?

roughnready
06-11-2002, 07:05 AM
Since I know many sports use it, I was wondering if martial artist use it to their so called advantage. Who do you think uses them? I know for a fact some fighters uses them for the roid rage. I know steroids are harmful, but how can you tell of someone is using them?

scotty1
06-11-2002, 07:06 AM
I think they're quite heavily used in MMA. Apart from that, I don't know anything.

Kristoffer
06-11-2002, 12:18 PM
Maybe in more competitive MA like Judo or sport Karate or Taekwando the urge for cheating is higher since they compete more and it's more important in those?

Former castleva
06-12-2002, 03:06 AM
Agree with others believing that is more like the problem of competitive sports which stress/emphasize application.
But I donīt know,not a part of real traditional MA,thatīs what I know.

Nichiren
06-12-2002, 04:49 AM
I tried steroids about 10 years ago and the short term results are stunning. But its like Yin and Yang. When you quit using them the backlash is equally stunning. The side effects are well documented but the worst one is the mental one.

/Cheers...

IronFist
06-12-2002, 01:00 PM
Nichiren, what kind did you use? What did your cycle look like? Just curious. You don't have to answer.

Yeah... the mental thing. People get a natural high from being mass monsters and/or gaining mad strength. A decrease in that, combined with the sometimes supressed testosterone production that can accompany going off of them can cause depression and stuff.

IronFist

Kristoffer
06-12-2002, 01:54 PM
I just sat thinking.. What would happen if you started to use steroides when your really really OLD? How would that effect you? Gain muscle?