PDA

View Full Version : who do you think will win between Tito Ortiz or Ken Shamrock?

roughnready
06-11-2002, 02:27 PM
I hear these two guys are going to fight this year. Who do you guys think is going to win this fight and why? Also, who do you think will win between Frank Shamrock and Sakuraba and why?

mortal
06-11-2002, 03:15 PM
Shamrock and Shamrock!!!!

DragonzRage
06-11-2002, 03:47 PM
Ken too strong for Tito to overpower him so I'd say Ken. As for Frank and Sak, that's a tough one. One thing is for sure, it would be a very good and very technical fight. It could go either way. If it went the distance I'd say Frank would win by being more physically dominant, but i don't think he'd get the KO. Sak's not reckless enough and Frank's striking isn't good enough for there to be a KO. If it goes to submissions I'd pick Sak. I think he's more likely to catch Frank in a crafty submission than vice versa. It would be a great match.

LiteBlu
06-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Ken is old and past his prime. Tito will win by ground and pound against the fence.

Frank hasn't fought for a long time so IMO Sakuraba will win by crazy submission.

Qi dup
06-11-2002, 09:27 PM
well lets see... I just played the UFC game on my sega and I played as Tito and won so there yah go. The bones have spoken.

SifuAbel
06-11-2002, 09:53 PM
One fight between two pros like these is a Crrappshoot. You can't get a good percentage average that way.

Now, if you were to say 100 fights between them. I would say it would be 60 / 40 in favor of Shamrock. He would win more times due to his experience. Notice He had been defeted 40 of those times. Why? Because no one can win all the time against matched fighters. Eventually, you are studied to the point of predictability.

MantisWill
06-12-2002, 10:53 AM
1st) Kenny: too strong and smart and patient. Great wrestler/submission. Used to be known as "One-punch" Shamrock for a reason, too......

2nd) Sak: Both are pretty complete packages. Seems to have an "X" factor that Frank doesn't.

Brad Souders
06-12-2002, 11:28 AM
The only way Shamrock will win is if he catches Tito in an early leglock. In the later rounds Ken has shown his cardio is not a strong point. Though if the Ken that showed up to fight Fujiti Tito will have his hands full.

I like sak by decision though i question his shoulder being in fighting condition