PDA

View Full Version : Geez! Here's a swell deal.

kungfu cowboy
06-11-2002, 03:55 PM
The antique craftsmanship (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1835955783) is truly flabbergasting.

(It's not mentioned on the page, but this is probably the original mook jong used by Dr. Seuss)

S.Teebas
06-11-2002, 09:07 PM
..nice

PHILBERT
06-11-2002, 10:19 PM
What a moron. Maybe if he lowered the price to $50 someone might be interested, but since you can buy far BETTER Mook Yan Jongs starting at $600, I wouldnt be interested.

IronFist
06-11-2002, 10:36 PM
Maybe if it was made 500 years ago it might be a good deal. Someone should email him and find out what's up with it?

I bet you some one bids on it, though. I've seen the crappiest dummies sell on eBay, including the superman sticker dummy and the "Slam set" dummy with no leg and crappy arms.

Actually, once there was a dummy on there that I might have considered buying if I hadn't just made mine... it was a green 8.5" outside diameter PVC pipe with authentic wooden arms and legs. Someone was selling it for $250 I think. It was a good deal. But I don't think anyone bought it. But, people do buy the pieces of crap that go up for sale on there, though.

IronFist

IronFist
06-11-2002, 10:43 PM
Actually, there's a decent one up there now.

A good dummy on eBay?!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1834674739)
The upper arms are close to the same height (that's a good thing, btw, those dummies where the left arm is like 2 inches higher than the right arm aren't correct). It's wood. The arms are shaped the way they're supposed to be. The only problem with this one might be that it is a wall mounted stand, but if you have the means to set it up then it's no problem at all. Oh yeah, it's made from teak which I think isn't a North American wood so it might not do so well here, but that's probably not that big of a problem anyway.

I think this may well be one of the best if not the best wooden dummy I've ever seen on eBay.

IronFist

kungfu cowboy
06-12-2002, 12:21 AM
Wow! Not bad! It must be a trap. It looks like there is not much play in the arms though.

stuartm
06-13-2002, 03:17 AM
Come on guys - the dummy is a tool not a deity !! If the angles are right and its strong who cares what it looks like !!

IronFist
06-13-2002, 11:28 AM
If the angles are right, it will look right :)

IronFist

PHILBERT
06-13-2002, 02:28 PM
That one Iron Fist posted is really goof IMO. It doesnt look like a wall mounted one either, but rather a full Mook Yan Jong, and for only $325 (right now) in US dollars.

kungfu cowboy
06-13-2002, 02:39 PM
Actually, the reserve (which is the minimum selling price) hasn't been met yet. I'm guess he's holding out for at least $500. Add another $80-100 for shipping...I would rather buy a new one.

What really sucks about buying jongs is that you usually can't check them out before buying them.

PHILBERT
06-14-2002, 12:02 AM
I myself would love to have one, but I dunno how my parents would react if my mom walked into my room one day and say a wooden thing 5 feet high and 6 feet across against the wall with poles sticking out of it. Plus I cant afford one, and too lazy to make one (plus my craftmanship skills suck).

One of the funniest things though, Ive shown photos of the Mook Yan Jong to friends (mostly girls) and all of them thought it was some dominatrix dugeon sex toy or something.

kungfu cowboy
06-14-2002, 12:57 AM
It isn't?!!? Ooops!:eek: