PDA

View Full Version : Loin Dance Tips!!!!

CLF-Elite
06-11-2002, 04:43 PM
Loin Dance, is one of our mane attractions. In the leekonhung school, we do Loin Dance in turnaments and in Chinese New Years , and also for Chinse resturants, store, ect. We do this offen to bring good luck to our school and good luck to the place we are doing the Loin Dance at. Senoir Eric Cheng does all of the jusmp and fancy tricks and Marco Chan (thats me) do some of them, but Head Intrcutor Joe keit teaches us all of those fancy trick. But its not fancy tricks that brings good luck. Its spirit in your heart that bring luck to a place, while doing Loin Dance. And you also have to give creadit to the drum player fo the music in the Loin Dance.

Shadow Dragon
06-11-2002, 05:00 PM
Are you soure you want tips on

"Loin dancing" NOT "Lion Dancing".

Me confused.
First thought it was a typo in the Thread header.

roughnready
06-11-2002, 10:02 PM
is it true that the chinese lion dance routine is actually hidden martial arts techniques?

Shaolin Punk
06-12-2002, 09:41 AM
not sure, but i bet the loin dance has plenty!

but seriously, i don't know much about lion dancing, but even if there aren't any direct martial techniques, the stance work out and balance practice i would imagine would enhance one's kung-fu training.

Muramasa
06-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Lion dancing trains teamwork in my opinion. The head cannot function without the tail and the tail cannot function without the head in lion dancing. If either partner doesn't cooperate with one another, a disaster will come about. However, once the two connect, success is ensured. That's what lion dancing best teaches us. Teamwork is very important in many other real life situations as well. Go figure.

fa_jing
06-12-2002, 12:47 PM
Be careful - Loin dancing has been known to cause pregnancy in teenagers... ;)

sungzu
06-14-2002, 02:37 PM
the only tip I can give you is to make sure your partners hygiene is above standard because there can be plenty of suffering for the rear man under the lions cloak.

anton
06-15-2002, 05:30 AM
Aren't the finer points of the "loin dance" normally discussed in the Qi Gong Forum

David Jamieson
06-15-2002, 08:36 AM
Lion Dance and Kung Fu go together like peanut butter and chocalate! ahahah.

The teamwork point is a good one. Hidden martial techniques? Yes, sometimes that is in there.

Definitely stance and mobility training is employed that will aide your kung fu study.

It also gives a glimpse of cultural meaning to both your kungfu and your activities as a person involved in chinese martial arts and their preservation and perpetuation.

peace