PDA

View Full Version : Visible action in Afghanistan

JasBourne
10-06-2001, 09:15 PM
Well, here we go, we've started attacks on major targets. Wonder if any of the troops practice kungfu? (had to keep it on-topic) ;)

Water Dragon
10-06-2001, 10:28 PM
I've also heard that we have either already or are getting ready to run food drops in the country.

You may take my life, but you will never take my Freedom

rogue
10-06-2001, 10:52 PM
Payback can be a beech!

Uh, that Jet Li is really something!

http://www.interesting.com/stories/gadsden/images/museumshop.jpg

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban soon to be getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.

old jong
10-06-2001, 11:03 PM
I saw that they started some "Dim Mak" like precision bombing on vital points!...I know Bruce Lee would agree with a just revenge!(Topic!) ;)

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

Black Jack
10-06-2001, 11:11 PM
15 U.S. bombers, 25 attack aircraft, 50 cruise missles, British sub's and their own long range missle systems, SOE groups on the ground.

That was just this morning's recipe.

I am already hungry again.

Mikey likes it.

Regards

Tvebak
10-06-2001, 11:37 PM
And three muslim owned buisnesess burned and the Danish peoples party declaring that islam is not a true religion.
And the Taliban declaring jihad.
I hope this ends quick, and with a minimal loss of human lives.
i feel like im going to puke.

Martial Joe
10-06-2001, 11:54 PM
Rogue... :D

http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif IXIJoe KaveyIXIhttp://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/lolup.gif
I am Sharky's main man...

fiercest tiger
10-07-2001, 12:17 AM
i'll join you for lunch! :D

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

NorthernMantis
10-07-2001, 01:28 AM
A kf brother of mine was put back on active duty and drafed into the airforce,my prayers are with him.

I'm not againts Afghnistan anymore..it's the Taliban that makes me angry. :mad: Did anyone see that reprot about the lady who went back to Afghanistan since it was her dad's birthplace?Those people are sick!They kill people of different ethnic backgrounds,massacre villages,rape children, and they call themselves followers of Islam?What's even wose the some people in Arabic countries are praising Bin Laden as their hero and they don't even know how bad it is in Afghanistan. :mad:

"Always be ready"

"right, that's it!you've insulted me, and you've insulted the shaolin temple!"-Fish of Furry

MonkeySlap Too
10-07-2001, 01:44 AM
Run Mr. Taliban,
run to your home,
AirForce come, gonna flatten your home,
Air Force come, gonna flatten your home
6ft, 8ft, 10 ft hole!
Air Force come, gonna flatten your home.

Australia, Canada, France and for the first time since WW2, the Bundesrepublik Deutschland has offered troops for the ground war.

Rumor has it the GSG9 were already on the ground in Afgahnistan even when the German government said they were not offering military aid.

These poor, sick perverts are getting thiers. I wonder how many had 'accidents' in the past week. Hehe.

I wonder if the French foreign legion are coming. I had a buddy who worked with them in Desert Storm. Mean mofo's - former East Germans and Albanians. Yikes!

Now that sicko Bin Laden is claiming an attack on him is an attack on Islam. What a fool.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

atsai
10-07-2001, 01:56 AM
They told the Talibans not to do it, but they blew up the statues of buddah anyway... And they say a war on Islam had be waged.

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><TR><TD><form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art Tsai " onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"></TD></TR></table></form><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

JasBourne
10-07-2001, 02:20 AM
I am personally convinced that no one in the Taliban practices kung-fu. That is reason enough to take them out.

The Danes have declared Islam not a real religion? I want what they're smoking.

Hey now did anyone notice in Osama's video today, how he tried to convince his followers that an attack on him personally was an attack on Islam? Can you say 'messianic delusions'? And he doesn't even practice kung-fu!

dooder
10-07-2001, 02:46 AM
You all know the us trained and set up the taliban, right? This isn't good guy bad guy. This isn't pro wrestling. The is big business government. Inocent human being are going to die for the actions of a few terrorist. Afganistan is torn to crap from the russians we supported them fighting against. The biggest city there is small, its mostly all rural and most of the people don't even know what the world trade center was before all this happend. It being interesting to see what chinese martial artist would be saying if it was china we declared war on.

Chang Style Novice
10-07-2001, 03:03 AM
Duder, this one's for you. The rest of you ought to click, too, though.

http://cgi.mercurycenter.com/cgi-bin/comics/show.cgi?ID=122&DATE=WEEK

Silumkid
10-07-2001, 03:25 AM
Yes, dooder, I think many of us here do know that. As I've said before, these third-world jackof-fs run right to us when they need help, then are the first to turn against us when they don't need us anymore. Well, the time has come to show these screws that they can't f with us like that, especially when they kill our citizens. And don't whine to me about innocents when there are parties in the streets after the WTC went down. Sorry if this sounds a bit aggressive but I get pretty tired of the 'blame the victim' mentality people seem to have about the United States. If our foreign policy is so bad, prove it. Make a case. Don't murder 5,000+ of my people and then say it's my fault.

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

atsai
10-07-2001, 03:26 AM
"Innocent human being" HAD died for the action of a few terrorists.

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><TR><TD><form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art Tsai " onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"></TD></TR></table></form><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

Daniel Madar
10-07-2001, 03:47 AM
"You all know the us trained and set up the taliban, right? "

That's not technically correct. It's close, but you should try again.

Merciless is Mercy.

DrunkenMonkey
10-07-2001, 05:23 AM
we are so going to annhiliate their sorry asses god ****it its going to be SSWWWEEEEEEEETTTT. I just want to see Bin Laden get stormed by a Special Ops, rip off his arms and shoot him in the head 20 times.

I bet thats what is going to happen if a special ops guy finds the guy first. He's going to ****in break his sorry ass, and I am going to yell in a bloody barbarious war cry of triumph, because I hate that bloody *******

"****ed be the day that befalls us in a most hostile manner that shall compromise our Country, and ****ed be the great lengths at which are required of to stir our Patriotism." - Anonymous

DrunkenMonkey
10-07-2001, 05:25 AM
the US didn't train them, but we did support them for a time, so what?

We allied with Stalin in WWII for a time during WWII, but that was because of necessity. On the same token, we had good reason to support the Taliban at the time for our own interest and the interest of its surrounding company.

"****ed be the day that befalls us in a most hostile manner that shall compromise our Country, and ****ed be the great lengths at which are required of to stir our Patriotism." - Anonymous

rogue
10-07-2001, 05:34 AM
People, this is a Kung Fu Forum, please stay on topic. Acceptable topics are,
1. Kung Fu Films
2. Whose lineage is better.
3. Death Strikes.
4. Mullets.
5. Wire work.
6. Why TKD sucks.
7. What styles did certain video game characters learn.
8. What to do about Rolls.
9. And how to pick up babes while being a walking, talking, killing machine.

Discussion of current world events should be done in the Gardening with Royce & Rorian forum.

:D :D :D

http://www.interesting.com/stories/gadsden/images/museumshop.jpg

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban soon to be getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.

Fish of Fury
10-07-2001, 06:56 AM
i think the SAS should sneak in and give Osama Bin Laden a mullet

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

Watchman
10-07-2001, 07:02 AM
You want the SAS to teach him Wing Chun? :confused:

JasBourne
10-07-2001, 07:21 AM
Osama Bin Mullet

http://131.103.244.163/osamaMullet.gif

:D

Stumblefist
10-07-2001, 07:44 AM
"People, this is a Kung Fu Forum, please stay on topic. Acceptable topics are,
1. Kung Fu Films"
They are already making kungfu movies about this.
Titles:
"Enter the Eagle".
"Five Deadly Tomahawks"
"Once upon a time in Afganistan part 1" with Jet Li.
"Crouching Taliban, Hidden Osama."
"Big trouble in little Afganistan"

"A wish to go to Heaven is the very beginning of falling into Hell."

Tvebak
10-07-2001, 09:21 AM
Jasbourne: just to make it clear, it only one political party who are ranting about islam not being a religion, and its the most racist party i DK.
I hope there will be a two minutes of silence for all the unlucky people in afghanistan who gets in the way of either the taliban or USA.
I dont say that USA shouldent attack Afganistan, but i think many people should rethink their attitude towards it.
It may be necesserery but its still sad.
I just hope that no other countryes follow the Jihad that Taliban has declared.
Im sorry, war deprsses me, and im sad that some of my friends are afraid to walk around in copenhangen these days.

Kaitain(UK)
10-07-2001, 10:10 AM
the Taliban regime doesn't control the whole of Afghanistan - but those parts/people it doesn't control it has been systematically wiping out. There is a race of Afghans that are far eastern in appearance - 5000 were killed in one incident alone - Taliban 'soldiers' went from door to door - if someone looked oriental they got shot in the face and their family was killed. They make up a large portion of the refugees fleeing Afghanistan. When questioned most of them stated they weren't fleeing US strikes, they were fleeing the Taliban regime.

It is very much ok guy, bad guy - the Taliban have and are harbouring a terrorist responsible for over 5000 deaths in one incident alone. The Taliban are a non-democratic government utterly committed to the removal of rights from the people of Afghanistan. They are endeavouring to wipe out an entire race of people.

Whilst the US is not the halo-wearing power it sometimes likes to paint itself as - neither is it in any way comparable to this type of regime.

"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"

David
10-07-2001, 12:09 PM
Some movies:-

- Vietnam 2
- Cold War: American Iron-Curtain
- Uncle Sam and the Big Ol' Can-o-Worms
- Bush and Blair and Baby-Bomb Make (World War) 3.

I wouldn't **** on my vainglorious leader if he was on fire. IMHO, a complete f*ckwit.

Bribing Pakistan with a $2 billion loan - I can't imagine that backfiring...

Stumblefist
10-07-2001, 12:39 PM
From the online uk times, article by Michael Griffin: "The Taleban:Repressed ****sexuality"
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,,2001340009-2001344916,00.html
"Boys enter the system as wards, exchanging life in a poor family for bed, board and an austere catechism that will one day lead to life as a mullah. It is tempting to identify in this early separation from female relatives the origins of the extreme misogyny that, even more than the objective of a pure Islamic state, lent cohesion to the Taleban as they marched into and subdued non-Pashtun lands.

But Taleban misogyny went so far beyond what is normally intended by the word that it qualified as a kind of mynaeophobia so broad that a glimpse of stockinged foot or varnished nail was taken as a seductive invitation to personal *********.

Women had to be covered, closeted and, where necessary, beaten to prevent more sin from being spewed into society. Part of this anxiety was sexual and could be attributed to the highly charged rules of pashtunwali under which girls embark on the perilous road to puberty at seven when they are separated from boys and men. From then until marriage, youths have no permissible contact with the opposite sex beyond the members of their own family.

In Kandahar, the custom of seclusion had given rise to a rich tradition of ****sexual passion, celebrated in poetry, dance and the practice of male prostitution. Heterosexual romance, by contrast, was freighted with the fear of broken honour, the threat of vendetta and, ultimately, death by stoning. In Pashtun society, man-woman love was the one that dared not speak its name: boy courtesans conducted their affairs openly.

The taleb grew to maturity on the gruel of orthodoxy, estranged from the mitigating influence of women, family and village. This made early recruits to the movement disciplined and biddable. If their gynaeophobia appeared the product of a repressed ****sexuality on the march, Taleban cohorts also conjured up echoes of a medieval childrens' crusade, with its associated elements of self-flagellation and an innocent trust in the immanence of paradise."

Stumblefist
10-07-2001, 01:45 PM
From the online UK Times:
"The working assumption by Afghanistan neighbours is that American military action will remove the Taleban leader, Mullah Muhammad Omar, and Osama bin Laden from the picture.

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."
Revelation 6:8

JasBourne
10-07-2001, 05:16 PM
Tvebak, thanks, but I really don't need to be educated in the historical background, political or moral implications of the Afghanistan situation, I am quite aware, and have clear opinions on the elements (as everyone here can attest). I kind of figured it had to be a very right-wing faction to be making such an absurd statement. I guess sarcasm gets lost when all you have are written words.

Prior to the KFO lockdown on off-topic topics that did not directly relate to kungfu (Look! I said kungfu! That makes it kosher! Nyeeeahhh! :p ) I discussed all of this at great length. Now I just need a laugh.

Besides, Osama looks good in a mullet.

jameswebsteruk
10-07-2001, 05:19 PM
For all you sabre rattlers, glorying and anticipating the death and destruction over in Afghanistan, please spare a thought for the innocents who are going to suffer more than anyone.

You all do realise there is a famine over there at the moment? That the reason airlifts of food are being attempted is that unless something is done for the ordinary Afghans fleeing from the very real danger of death, not six thousand, but hundreds of thousands of completely innocent people are going to die from starvation.

And please dont think that just because the Taleban have funny beards and hats they cant fight. They beat the crap out of another superpower in a ground war, and there is no reason to suppose they couldn't do the same with the current alliance. A winter campaign in the Afghan mountains will be in about the most inhospitable environment you can get, one which the Taleban know like the back of their hands.

Whats more dangerous and tenacious than a political fanatic? A religious fanatic. With an AK. Who knows the terrrain. And is convinced he's going to paradise. With 49 big boobed virgins.

Hell, find Bin Laden, sure, smack that ***** up, but leave the ordinary people alone.

What did the Zen Master say to the hot dog vendor?
Make me one with everything.

JasBourne
10-07-2001, 05:28 PM
There's a really thought-provoking book called "Pink Swastika: ****sexuality in the Nazi Party", that really looks hard at the ties between mysoginy, repressed ****sexuality, uber-masculinity worship, and fascism. Some interesting parallels with college fraternities, too
;)

JasBourne
10-07-2001, 05:31 PM
"They beat the crap out of another superpower in a ground war".

Ummm, no. They held the Russians at bay for 10 years while the international community decried the Russian position and the USA funded the opposition. They inflicted 15,000 casualties on the Russians over those 10 years.

By contrast, the Russians killed over 1 million Afghans in that same time period.

SLC
10-07-2001, 06:27 PM
"Whats more dangerous and tenacious than a political fanatic?"

I would say the most dangerous is the over-wrought, timid hand-wringer; who expects to be "taken care of" cradle-to-grave, but offers only negative whining when things get tough. You never know if they will stand beside you, run off or just stab you in the back.

"You all do realise there is a famine over there at the moment? That the reason airlifts of food are being attempted...."

Of course we know this. Do YOU realize who is doing the airlifting? How could we not know this?

Do you realize how insulting it is to speak as you do?

Ben Laden, your operation was good; real good in fact. But you fu*ked up one little thing... you didn't get all of us.

toddbringewatt
10-07-2001, 06:36 PM
Did you know that according to the BBC we were planning military action against Afghansistan and the Taliban in June?

Oh, and uh, there's a cool new Kung Fu flick coming out called "Iron Monkey". Looks cool, uh, yeah.

"Bruce Leroy. That's who!"

Tvebak
10-07-2001, 11:47 PM
Im just depressed and have lost my sense of humor, im sorry if i made some statements that insultet people, i did not intent them to do so.
So many people i meet speak of the war like its some kind of movie or a computer game.
And they pretend that they know ecsactly what is going on.
Same thing when the WTC was attacked, people talked about it and laughed, i was thinking "this must be some kind of joke".
Sorry to be so depressing.

Grappling-Insanity
10-08-2001, 12:15 AM
OMG Tvebak suck it up princess. Did any of your family members die in the WTC attacks??? Are you gonna cry, be a man for the love of God.

jameswebsteruk
10-08-2001, 12:21 AM
I appear to have insulted certain people by hoping for a little compassion for the innocent Afghans who are caught up in this. :confused:

From the tone of some of the earlier responses, this thought had not crossed many peoples minds, but if I have misinterpreted, then I apologise.

JasBourne
10-08-2001, 01:08 AM
Actually, very few KFO posters advocate anything but compassion for the Afghan people, a group so oppressed and ground down that they aspire to the Stone Age.

We make fun of stupid posters, it keeps our cholesterol down :D

halfling
10-08-2001, 01:14 AM
some things just have to be done.

Stumblefist
10-08-2001, 07:20 AM
"For all you sabre rattlers, glorying and anticipating the death and destruction over in Afghanistan, please spare a thought for the innocents who are going to suffer more than anyone."

Pakistan has over 2 million refugees from Afganistan.It hopes to return 1.5 million to their homeland. That will be one of the positive benefits of the destruction of the Taliban.

jameswebsteruk
10-08-2001, 10:54 AM
>> Actually, very few KFO posters advocate anything but compassion for the Afghan people, a group so oppressed and ground down that they aspire to the Stone Age. <<

Fair enough. :) That was not the impression I got, that was all. If Im wrong, Im wrong.

I am possibly a bit tender on this subject, seeing as London, where I work, is a **** sight nearer the warzone than the US. There is a fear here of escalation, particularly when you consider how near the UK is to some potential allies of the terrorists, ie. Libya. Just across the water from Portugal.

My mother can remember (obviously, its not something shes going to forget!) emerging from the bomb shelter during the last war to find her parents house no longer there. That sort of personal tragedy, and worse is only too likely to occur in the next few days.

Stumblefist
10-08-2001, 11:01 AM
"so broad that a glimpse of stockinged foot or varnished nail was taken as a seductive invitation to personal *********."

The censored word was ...something like darn-nation as in "Darn Yankees". I can see one burning in Darmnation for saying that word."
:)

tnwingtsun
10-08-2001, 12:07 PM
Frank,Frank,Frank....................

My grandmother's grandfather's land was burned
during the American Civil War by advancing Union
(Yankee) troops while he was reading kung-fu books,it still makes me wet my bed from time to time just thinking about it.

Dig a hole,dig it deep so none of us can hear you weep.

Cry havoc!! And let loose the dogs of WAR!!!!

Stumblefist
10-08-2001, 01:07 PM
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse:
and his name that sat on him was
Stealth, Tomahawk, Spirit,
Hornet, Tomcat, B-52,
Hawkeye, Shadow, Viking,
Harrier, Prowler, Seahawk,
Stratofortress, Thunderbolt, Greyhound,
Eagle, Falcon and Lancer
and more his names were (american)legion
and "HELL FROM ABOVE" followed with him."
(as told to me by Bruce Lee)
--------------------------------------------
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

"This is the end, Beautiful friend
This is the end, My only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end...
This is the end, Beautiful friend
It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me"

SLC
10-08-2001, 02:39 PM
I think that, as we gain more information about Afganistan, the Taliban and the fragmented situation there, fewer and fewer people see the Afgan people as the source of terrorism. There will continue to be an evolution of our perspective on this, but I believe most Americans strongly favor a clear separation between the terrorists and their supporters, from the rest of the Muslim world.

To some extent, this is a developing situation, though. While the West seems quite willing to vigorously pursue this separation, some in the Muslim world seem intent on bluring it.

Here in the US, there have been some ugly reactions from the attack, taken on innocent people. There may be more but they seem to be falling off. Some of that is predictable, if vile. If you hurt a wild animal, even a small rabbit, it may turn on its tormentor. In its pain and fear, the animal does things it would not do in "normal" times. As reason replaces our anger and grief, we will act with more clarity, and more charity.

As far as London being any closer to the "warzone" than the US, I think Sept 11th pretty well proved this forever false. The entire world is the war zone. The United States is no exception. London is no closer.

Concerning escalation, this is not a case of "if we treat them nice, they will treat us nice". Our opponents (terrorism) are already in full stride, totally escalated, totally committed to our destruction. If we act nice they will try to destroy us. If we fight, they will try to destroy us. We have finally chosen to take the war back to them, in every mode possible; military, diplomatic, economic and social.

Ben Laden, your operation was good; real good in fact. But you fu*ked up one little thing... you didn't get all of us.

JasBourne
10-08-2001, 05:23 PM
"Yay, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I shall fear no evil,
For I am the meanest sonofab*tch in the valley."

- Psalms redux

:D

Ford Prefect
10-08-2001, 05:40 PM
I think most Americans feel compassion for the Afghan people in general. However, we don't feel compassion for anybody at all involved with terrorist activities or the people who support and harbor them. We were attacked and this threat is a clear and present danger to the US and not only it's citizens at home but abroad as well. We will not allow anybody to intrude on our safety.

Stumblefist
10-09-2001, 02:56 PM
From CIA Director February 07/2001...

http://www.cia.gov/cia/public_affairs/speeches/UNCLASWWT_02072001.html

"Usama bin Ladin and his global network of lieutenants and associates remain the most immediate and serious threat. Since 1998, Bin Ladin has declared all US citizens legitimate targets of attack. As shown by the bombing of our Embassies in Africa in 1998 and his Millennium plots last year, he is capable of planning multiple attacks with little or no warning."
But then....
"let me assure you that the Intelligence Community has designed a robust counterterrorism program that has preempted, disrupted, and defeated international terrorists and their activities."
----------------------------------------------
preempted and defeated!!!!!!!!!!?????
----------------------------------------------
and now...maybe we got off lucky
-------------------------------------
"A variety of states and groups continue to seek to acquire weapons of mass destruction and the means to deliver them....

We continue to face ballistic missile threats from a variety of actors beyond Russia and China--specifically, North Korea, probably Iran, and possibly Iraq. "
--------------------------------------------
...and let's not forget that innocuous? country which warns us not to "interfere with its internal affairs:
--------------------------------------
"Chinese missile-related technical assistance to foreign countries also has been significant over the years. Chinese help has enabled Pakistan to move rapidly toward serial production of solid-propellant missiles. In addition to Pakistan, firms in China provided missile-related items, raw materials, or other help to several countries of proliferation concern, including Iran, North Korea, and Libya."

"Lost in a Roman...wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah...
It hurts to set you free

[This message was edited by stumblefist on 10-10-01 at 06:05 AM.]

Stumblefist
10-09-2001, 03:45 PM
Anyone clicked on the above site...
You've been made!!!

"For site security purposes and to ensure that this Web site remains available to all users, the Central Intelligence Agency monitors network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to the site. Anyone using this Web site expressly consents to such monitoring."
:eek: :eek:

"Lost in a Roman...wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah...
It hurts to set you free