PDA

View Full Version : blisters

TjD
06-11-2002, 11:44 PM
any remedies for blisters? :) i've just started training with knives, and my index fingers keep getting blisters... which certainly puts a damper in the training

i was thinking mabye dit da jow?

any suggestions?

harry_the_monk
06-12-2002, 07:28 AM
I tend to find that the remedy tends to be the hard skin that forms over the blister once its healed.

Not an immediate solution, but I normally lance my blisters very carefully with a sterilised needle. One little hole, then push all the liquid out so there is an excess of skin. Push that skin down and wait for the 'wound' to dry. Then refrain from aggravating the 'wound' for a couple of days. Normally a thicker harder suface of skin will then cover the area which was affected by the wound.

I don't cover it, but if you need to stop it from getting bashed during the healing, just cut a hole out of some fabric plasters so that you cover the area around the 'wound' rather than smothering it.

Hope that may have helped :)

BSH
06-12-2002, 07:52 AM
With good authentic Dit Da, you can have extremely tough skin that is still smooth, soft and free of calouses(sp?). If you already have blisters, I would treat them with Aloe until they have healed and then begin applying Dit Da at least three times a day, whether you are training or not and use a little extra when you are training.

You should notice the difference quickly.