PDA

View Full Version : My Sifu

CLF-Elite
06-12-2002, 07:14 AM
Let me tell you a liittle of my Sifu, Master Li Siu Hung, has mastered and won my many turonaments. He is great like all of the other Sifu. He is well respected and his brother whish is my Grandmaster Lee Koon Hung (most well respected). Of course I never got to met my grandmaster because he passed away before I started. Ive seen him in my video types, old picture, ect. Master Li has student that are well perpared for many turonaments and with the help of his employee and Head intructor Joe keit. They make to whole school the way it is right now (well, strong, smart, great). Joe Keit is one of the best, he trains me hard and other students too. he mostly at our newest kung fu school in Boyton. teaching new student. Those two will alway have my respect and my help to the school in any way i can help.

sean_stonehart
06-12-2002, 07:40 AM
That's cool & I've got nothing for Sifu Li & Joe Keit except respect & martial admiration. However, I'm guessing you probably don't want your address on the net. You may want to remove it from your profile. It keeps the creeps & stalkers away.

flyingeagle
06-12-2002, 09:08 AM
I want to thank you for telling me about the different choy lay fut schools in the area. It is safe to say that I did not join this one. The sifu and the students were not impressive at all. My apologies if this is your school. I do, however, thank you for all the helpful information you have provided.

Shaolin Punk
06-12-2002, 09:59 AM
I'll pass some things to think about your way:

practice a little humility. it's great that you admire your sifu/kwoon, but being publicly boastful all the time isn't the way to get respect from other chinese martial artists. Take a look at your Si-heng Joe Keit. He doesn't go around boasting how great his school is. He works hard, and he helps people on this forum if they need specific information from him. And he's very humble about all of it.

I'm telling you this b/c i really respect your school, and kf family, they serve as a great model and inspiration to many schools and practitioners around the world...you're being so boastful doesn't reflect the school very well.
I realize its not my call to make, and ultimately, it would be your seniors to tell you to stop your boasting

but just know that if you can do competitive martial arts and remain humble, then people will really see how great you are.

DoubleTigerClaw
06-12-2002, 10:10 AM
Everyone...

Please forgive CLF-Elite's arrogance. His heart might be in the right place, but his thinking needs a lot of help. He just thinks he's very smart and a very advanced student, so he's big-headed most of the time. He's just at that stage where you got to give him some slack. Don't worry about this, I'm sure he will grow out of this phase soon.

DoubleTigerClaw...

NorthernMantis
06-12-2002, 10:39 AM
Right so bassically what you are saying he is a begginer.

Yeah Li Siu Hung is very freindly and so is Joe Keit, nice guy. Although Joe is trying to steal my style's spearform he's a cool guy. If anyone will be at at Andy' tournmanent I'll be glad to see you there.

Oh yeah and DTC talk to her.

Sow Choy
06-12-2002, 10:52 AM
Well said Shaolin Punk,

Could not have said it better than that. Thanks for your nice words about me.

Double Tigerclaw,

We both know CLF-Elite is a good person, just needs more experience.

Northern Mantis,

Thanks too for the nice words, and we will trade spears later, lol!

CLF-Elite (Snap, Crackle-Pop)

I'm happy you are proud of our school and of Sifu, but bragging will not get you or our school respect. Welcome to this forum, there are many intelligent and nice people here you can chat with. If you continue to use this forum and talk of our school, you must use (Li-Mau).

Everyone is proud of their school. Use this forum to ask questions and exchange ideas about training, martial art, etc...

Here there are many with years and years of experience, there are also many sifus here. Do not lecture, or people will have a field day on you, and it will reflect on our school.

Thanks, and I'm not upset. I'm glad you are proud.

Clf-elite, please remove your address from your profile.

Thanks.

Peace everyone!

Joe Keit

CLFNole
06-12-2002, 11:36 AM
I think everyone should give CLF-Elite a break. Although he has come on the forum rather strong he is just a 15-year old kid and as we know kids are kids.

However that being said, CLF-Elite try being a bit more humble. One of the main things in learning kung fu is "humility". Respect everyone around you and in turn you will be respected. We know you were probably a bit excited getting on the forum but "breathe" and talk in a constructive manner and you won't have people lashing out at you. (Constructive refers to postive things to talk about in case you were wondering)

Oh yeah and the other thing, work on the spelling.

To FlyingEagle:

Glad to see you joined a school, however talking about a school, their sifu and students that you didn't like isn't very nice and something that you should keep to yourself. All three of the schools I pointed out to you have strengths and weaknesses. I don't know what school you joined but I can tell you this watching a class doesn't always show the true nature of the sifu or their instructors. I was an instructor at the school and have not been affiliated with their school for about a year, however I do respect Sifu Li Siu Hung and his instructors who are my kung fu brothers.

Peace.

Muramasa
06-12-2002, 12:11 PM
Humility is the most wonderful gift you can have in life. Not only does it give one a better understanding of himself, but it also saves his own arse from many situations (like bragging too much towards a group of people and only resulting in them jumping you at the end). It's not really for receiving respect but it is the act of giving respect towards others. If one knows he's better than the other but he doesn't boast about it, he is giving rerspect towards the other. Whether or not that other would give respect back is entirely decided on something else.

As far as CLF-Elite's concerned, I won't want to get involved too much but I rather keep a close eye on him considering he's my younger Kung Fu brother. Humanity's a self centered race generally so as far as bragging is concerned, he's only playing a part of one of the million. Cut him some slack and we'll (his Kung Fu brothers) handle him. This is probably his first forum experience (although we shouldn't really use that as an excuse) so let's all give him a break. For all we know, he probably doesn't even revisit his own threads to see the messages we've given out to him.

crumpet
06-12-2002, 02:09 PM
haha am i the only one to notice that 3 of the posters are probably the same person? hey no braggin about your own sifu! he's wonderul, great, an excellent fighter and well respected by everyone else, but no bragging! :p sneaky ploy and a great laugh :D

alecM
06-12-2002, 02:16 PM
It’s good that you are enthusiastic and want to tell the world about your Sifu’s school and CLF, enthusiasm is good but boasting I don’t think so. I think after awhile you’ll find out that your schools name and reputation is quite well known in kung fu circles any way.

One more thing to avoid any more loin dancing mistakes you might want to write you posts out in an application like Microsoft Word or any other word processing application first then cut and paste it in to you post.

DoubleTigerClaw
06-12-2002, 06:35 PM
alecM...

Let me put in a way that he might understand...

CLF-Elite...

What he's trying to say is go to your Microsoft Word and type what you want to say for your posts on it. This way it'll check your errors. Once you've done that, go to select all, click cut, and when you're about to post, right-click your mouse and select paste. Understand? Probably not... Ask your little sister. I'm sure she knows... I HIGHLY recommend you do this.

sungzu
06-14-2002, 02:28 PM
Your sifu accomplished many goals.