"10.000 ways one target"
in combinatinon with martial arts.
I think that the target is the Tao or Satori or how ever
you want to name it. But witch exercise do we have in
Tanglang to reach Tao? I hope you understand what I
say.

mantis108
06-15-2002, 12:08 PM
To simply put YES and it's in the forms (especially the original three)

Mantis108

Art D
06-16-2002, 06:48 AM
THE TAO is not only form but also the formless.free your mind from the form, and explore the formless.

PaulLin
06-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Formless make me think of infinitive forms that break the limitations of memberizable forms.

I am thinking of harmonizing soul, mind, qi, body, and all existances as the approaching of Tao. And I am thinking of using MA as an mean to achieve that.

WaDo
06-18-2002, 07:34 AM
The things you said i have heard already but its not clear to me
how to train these things. In the internal arts we have slow moves and a lot of Qi Gong in the form. How is it with Tang Lang?
We have Qigong at the begining of each form and at the end. We
are concentrated during the Form (I think a kind of meditation),
we have the stances(Qi Gong). But all these things do not clear
my mind they "just" improve my fighting skills or did I misunderstand?

@ Mantis 108
You said that these things are taught in the 3 original forms?
I thought that Wang Lang never created Forms so we have only
original forms for each PM style, am i right?
I practice Taiji Mei Hua Tanglang, witch are the original forms?
I think that we have the Lan Jie and Mei Hua Lou as the
original forms. Is there someone who knows more original forms?

mantis108
06-18-2002, 11:58 AM
"The things you said i have heard already but its not clear to me
how to train these things. In the internal arts we have slow moves and a lot of Qi Gong in the form. How is it with Tang Lang?
We have Qigong at the begining of each form and at the end. We
are concentrated during the Form (I think a kind of meditation),
we have the stances(Qi Gong). But all these things do not clear
my mind they "just" improve my fighting skills or did I misunderstand? "

May I ask what is/are your objective(s) in practicing a martial art such as Tang Lang? In some lineages, there is Pai Da (iron body) element while practicing the forms. So the Qigong is for enhancing the body performance and protection of the body against impact. Most definitely these lineages are going to develope a functional fighting skills as their "Tao". Simply put there are reasons for why things are in a certain ways. It could that for someone like you to find out why and there could be your Tao. As for myself, my "Tao" is simply to learn how to appreciate praying mantis Kung Fu in terms of evolution. It is the journey not the destination that I am enjoying. Kung Fu is like gardening, what you put in is also what you going to get. It takes a life time of commitment and no short cuts. That's why it is often said Kung Fu is a life style not a passtime.

@ Mantis 108
You said that these things are taught in the 3 original forms?

In the case of approaching "Tao" VIA Praying Mantis Kung Fu as we know it, I would have to say yes. Otherwise one can take a "formless art" such as JKD. Why bother with Mantis? Remember your question was whether Tang Lang can do that and how? Fast food is fine for the stomach but haute cuisine is better in every way. ;) Forms are text book in the beginning. They become in the end a mirror to reflect your true protential as a human being. That transformation would not happen if you don't apply yourself (mind, body and spirit) within and without the forms.

I thought that Wang Lang never created Forms so we have only
original forms for each PM style, am i right?

I am not exactly the authority in this area of research. You will have to look for Sifu Ilya Profatilov's work to make your own conclusion. I can give you my view which is that Beng Pu (crash and fill), Luanjie (chaotically connected) and Ba Zhou (8 elbows) are the 3 original forms of the traditional Praying Mantis system handed down by Liang Xue Xiang. Many PM styles these days are different lineages that are derived form that system. Many forms are added since the 1800s.

I practice Taiji Mei Hua Tanglang, witch are the original forms?
I think that we have the Lan Jie and Mei Hua Lou as the
original forms. Is there someone who knows more original forms?

For more detailed info and to find the right person to answer these questions please visit my Taiji Praying Mantis forum

TJPM Forum (http://forums.delphiforums.com/Taijimantis/start)

Sifu Ilya Profatilov would be the person to look for since he has done extensive research on the subject.

Hope this will help you for now. :)

Regards

Mantis108

WaDo
06-18-2002, 02:34 PM
@ Mantis 108
Right you are! I never wanted to have an answer like do this and do that so you will reach the Tao. I just wanted to know if I am on the right way.
I don't bother with PM! I love it!

Thank you

mantis108
06-19-2002, 05:53 PM
You are welcome. Glad to know you have found your way. :)

Regards

Mantis108