PDA

View Full Version : Which Kung fu masters do you think would do well in NHB competitions?

sungzu
06-13-2002, 09:12 AM
tell us who and why

greendragon
06-13-2002, 10:22 AM
No KF master would engage in sport fighting. NHB is redundent, people would be injured or killed.

LEGEND
06-13-2002, 10:32 AM
I would have to say...WONG SHUN LEUNG...he had a boxing background before YIP MAN skooled him...and he also had a JUDO( ??? ) background. He was very open minded martial artist and one of the reasons why Bruce Lee became successful.

Archangel
06-13-2002, 10:33 AM
Don't know if the're really Kung Fu masters but Cung Le or Marvin Perry would do well if they learned some groundfighting - mainly defensive positioning and escapes.

Kristoffer
06-13-2002, 10:38 AM
:) .............. See no point in telling you.

ReverendTim
06-13-2002, 10:46 AM
Good lord, but that Marvin Perry is a bada$$. If I was younger, richer, a better parallel parker, and less married, I would be down at Boston San Shou in a heartbeat.

Alas...

--
Rev. Tim

BeiKongHui
06-13-2002, 10:48 AM
Rich Mooney would skool them all. Hickson, Silva, Tito none could even lay a hand on him before they were out.

Budokan
06-13-2002, 12:25 PM
Secretariat would do well, I think.

KC Elbows
06-13-2002, 12:41 PM
J-Lo, the lady who played Emma Peal, and David Carradine.

Oh, I forgot Britney Spears.

Budokan
06-13-2002, 01:10 PM
:D Good segue, KC.

Dark Knight
06-13-2002, 01:10 PM
If you want to win a a type of fighting you have to train for it. If a Kung Fu wants to win at NHB all you need is to take a top KF full contact fighter, hook up with Frank Shamrock or other top training schools for a couple months to learn submission fighting, ground control.... and he will do well.

The big issue is to train for it and be prepared for the attacks.

KC Elbows
06-13-2002, 01:13 PM
Thank you. My next show's at 5:00. Don't forget to tip the ladies on your way out.

chokeyouout
06-13-2002, 01:17 PM
Hickson?

A Kung Fu master would kill any supposed NHB toughguy.They are just too deadly for any type of competition.Kung Fu master such as Rich Mooney would make you bleed from the inside.

DragonzRage
06-13-2002, 01:26 PM
The Shuai Chiao master Chang Tung Shen was undefeated in very many kung fu challenge fights, and being from Shuai Chiao, he would adapt to grappling better than others. I think he was a bada$$ and would do well. Fot Yeem Gat, master of the Jingwu school won a lot of challenge fights and beat Japanese MA'ists and Russian wrestlers as well. He HAD to have been a bada$$. If Bruce Lee was alive and at his prime today i think he'd crosstrain and adapt to MMA fighting and would do well in his weight class...but then we probably wouldn't consider him kung fu. But hey, he started from wing chun, didn't he. Close enough.

Shaolindynasty
06-13-2002, 01:49 PM
I would like to see Shi Yan Ming fight, he seems like he would be a bad@$$. Or maybe Tat Mau Wong in his prime.

Le nOObi
06-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
If you want to win a a type of fighting you have to train for it. If a Kung Fu wants to win at NHB all you need is to take a top KF full contact fighter, hook up with Frank Shamrock or other top training schools for a couple months to learn submission fighting, ground control.... and he will do well.

The big issue is to train for it and be prepared for the attacks.

Dark knight actually has a good point!

Le nOObi
06-13-2002, 03:25 PM
Oh and also anyone anyone who claims that kung-fu is too deadly or too honorable for sport is just plain wrong i mean obviously kung-fu has some moves that cant be used for sport like eyepokes but there used to be alot of full contact kung-fu tournies in like the 70's and so forth.

Black Jack
06-13-2002, 03:58 PM
Here is a question?

Are there ANY chinese MMA fighters working in the top NHB events of today?

By that I mean of chinese birth/culture/race not chinese gong fu.

HopGar
06-13-2002, 05:04 PM
My Sifu, Hop Gar general standard bearer Ku Chi Wai. He fought in Thailand and was undefeated until the people who ran the fights made him put on golves, in which case he lost his grip and lost immediately. Assuming that the NHB doesn't use gloves, my sifu, in his prime, would do really well.

Peace Y'all