PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Grandmasters

sungzu
06-13-2002, 09:21 AM
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY PEOPLE CLAIMING TO BE MANTIS GRANDMASTERS? HOW MANY ARE THERE REALLY SUPPOSED TO BE IS IT JUST ONE OR TWO OR WHAT?

Gabriel
06-20-2002, 09:06 PM
lose the caps, then we'll talk

PaulLin
06-24-2002, 02:00 AM
Any one can claim any thing they want, some can be traced, some cannot be traced, some are real and some are fakes. The one thing I care about is if they have the "beef."

I have enough professional kewledge to tell if they have enough, just in few moves, how they use the stances, steps, postures(the shou, yein, shen, fa, bu), how to open the doors, the degree of where is relaxed and when to outlet powers, and the angle of excutions. If most those not correct, I know it is bad one, no matter what was claimed.

Dachengdao
07-02-2002, 09:26 PM
Hello! I can't speak for the other forms, but for the Hao Style Mei Hua (Northern Plum Blossom) Mantis Taijee I am the only grandmaster, and the first person outside the Hao family to be given the lineage. Before studying with anyone, make sure you research his claims (this site is ideal for that) and most importantly watch him in action. Everyone is welcome to come watch one of my classes in NYC, Brooklyn and Ridgewood, NJ. For more info, check out my website: www.geocities.com/dachengdao.
Wang Rengang

Tainan Mantis
07-03-2002, 12:24 AM
Dachengdao,
Is there a problem with your web page?

dezhen2001
07-03-2002, 02:41 AM
something wrong with the link. I grabbed this form another thread:

http://www.geocities.com/dachengdao/

:)
david

ALkungfu
07-03-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Dachengdao
Hello! I can't speak for the other forms, but for the Hao Style Mei Hua (Northern Plum Blossom) Mantis Taijee I am the only grandmaster, and the first person outside the Hao family to be given the lineage.

dachengdao,

I believe GM Chen Yuntao received complete transmission of the Plum Blossom PM system from GM Hao Henglu. Although Chen Yuntao only took on one initiated disciple, GM Ma Hanqing, Master Ma had a great number of disciples, a number of whom are still teaching Hao family PM today.

I also find your "first person outside the Hao family" claim to be confusing. Were your teacher Wang Xuanjie and his teacher Wang Yue part of the Hao family?

I mean no disrespect, but your claims seem fairly inconsistent with what I know of Praying Mantis history. I am by no means tryin to give you a bad name. Of course, you yourself said that one ought to research "Grandmasters'" claims.

AL

Dachengdao
07-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Hello everyone!
Thank you to Tainan Mantis for letting us know there was something wrong with the link, and a special thank you to dezhen2001 for providing the correct link!
I appreciate the comments from Al Kungfu and there is never disrespect in seeking the truth or clarifications. My teacher Wang Xuanjie was not a Mantis teacher, but is the one who passed down Dachengquan to me from Wang Xiangzhai. As for Wang Yue, he
gave me my introduction to Mantis,but was not a lineage holder.
I see you are from Boston - I plan to maybe do a seminar there sometime next year. Maybe we'll have a chance to say hello to each other then in person.