PDA

View Full Version : Choy Lay Fut In Nhb Competitions

sungzu
06-13-2002, 09:36 AM
DO YOU THINK THAT A CHOY LAY FUT MASTER WOULD DO WELL IN THE UFC OR PRIDE AND IF SO WHICH ONES?

k-no
06-13-2002, 10:44 PM
I am planning to compete in NHB, and use some CLF techniques as I do my "stand up" fighting. However, I regret to say that a pure CLF man would probably not do well in NHB. He would be taken out of his element. A CLF man who cross trains may very well not be too bad in NHB. A takedown happens altogether much too fast, especially matched up against an adept wrestler, BJJ or submission fighting man, and once a pure CLF man is mounted, it's pretty difficult if not impossible to execute CLF's most effective maneuvers.

This of course is not a knock on CLF. I love CLF, and it will forever remain a staple in my evolution as a fighter. I like to think that CLF would do much better in a street situation where weapons are brandished, or a melee type scenario where being on the ground is a disadvantage to all involved. That's why it will always be valuable to me. Simply put, it would be like using chopsticks to eat broth. A place for everything and everyting in its place.

k